Morning sickness AND sea sickness

WeatherGeek

I'm wondering if anyone cruised while having morning sickness...what was your experience? I realize it will differ from person to person, but I would like to hear others experiences.

Did the motion of the ocean make it worse?

Cancel it out? (I can only hope)

How did you cope?

I still have 4 weeks until we cruise so with any luck, it will go away, but I would like to try to prepare myself as best as I can just in case....

We'll be on the Legend....is free motion sickness medicine still available at the purser? If so, is it Bonine or something different? We'll be taking our own, but I'm just curious what is available at the purser's desk.

Thanks in advance for all of the help!

Can you take those sea sickness medicines while pregnant? If you can't, I know you can take ginger pills. They are natural and won't harm you or your baby.

But the ginger pills can have a reflux action - my friend and I both had to stop taking them - they made me sick (not to be gross, but I burped the taste for 2 days!)

How far along were you? I'm really nervous about this...

OH no sweetie do not be nervous. The ginger pills are wonderful. Just buy some and drink alot of gingerale. You will be fine!!!

I was 6 weeks and only found out because I needed to know if I could drink on the cruise. So I did a test. Wow we were rather surprised.

You will be fine!!! Please remember each person is different. I am sure you will be fine. It was my first child and we had only been married 6 months. I did not know anything to help me out or do to help. You will be well informed. If you have MS, eat crackers with gingerale before you get out of bed. Do not have a inside room if you can afford better. If you are sick remember the horizon will help. Morning sickness will be with you if you get off the ship. I never had seasickness once. I have yet to have it. I better knock on some wood!

Hey,

I curised while I was prego...I was just days prego with my ds (2nd child, so I knew what to expect in the morning sickness dept). This was 14 years ago, but I remember a bit of the trip. I did feel a bit yucky at times. I remember one night in particular feeling real bad...

Overall...I would cruise again prego...but...not chance of that...being prego, that is:D

OH no sweetie do not be nervous. The ginger pills are wonderful. Just buy some and drink alot of gingerale. You will be fine!!!

I was 6 weeks and only found out because I needed to know if I could drink on the cruise. So I did a test. Wow we were rather surprised.

You will be fine!!! Please remember each person is different. I am sure you will be fine. It was my first child and we had only been married 6 months. I did not know anything to help me out or do to help. You will be well informed. If you have MS, eat crackers with gingerale before you get out of bed. Do not have a inside room if you can afford better. If you are sick remember the horizon will help. Morning sickness will be with you if you get off the ship. I never had seasickness once. I have yet to have it. I better knock on some wood!

I'm actually not the one that's pregnant! It's been pretty bad so far...I feel bad for her, and I want her to enjoy her first cruise! She'll be at 12 weeks when we cruise, so I'm hoping the worst is over.

Can you take those sea sickness medicines while pregnant?

My doctor has cleared me to take Bonine while pregnant. It was one of the first questions I asked her :D I've never been seasick before in my life, but I have pretty terrible morning (all-day) sickness and I can only hope it goes away before I cruise. We have cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance, but seeing as how this is our last big vacation and we have a wraparound balcony, I really want to be able to go :D

Archived