Is a 12pm flight from IAH too early?

stevesul

I'm trying to find a return flight for a Voyager cruise in Feb. I see one that leaves IAH at 12:05pm. I also see a shuttle from Galveston Limo that leaves Galveston at 8am and gets to IAH at 10am. The next flight I see (at this time at a non-outrageous price) is at 4:10 which would get me back home late that night.

RCC says don't book a flight before 1pm. With self-assist, is a 12:05 pm flight doable? Seems like people say they can get off the ship 7ish with self-assist. I'd rather rush a little in the morning so I don't get home around 11pm Sunday night.

Thanks!

That might cutting it a little close. It's a 1 1/2 - 2 hour hour drive to IAH. If you get off the ship early and everything goes well, you could make it, but you never know what could happen. The ship could be delayed coming into port or not clear customs quickly...you just never know. I personally don't want to be stressed out and having to rush.

If you want to risk the 12:05 departure from IAH, then you absolutely need to have a private car service waiting and not rely on a shared ride service. IAH is generally 1.5 to 2 hours away from the port, depending on traffic. Yes, sometimes people get off as early as 7am with self disembarkation, but other times it is much later than that.

Archived