Sorrento or Positano

I stayed in Sorrento so had the train, bus, and boat schedules for villages on the Amalfi Coast provided by our (wonderful) hotel staff, but I had found this schedule on the Internet before we left and think it is correct: http://www.ondaverde.it/gruppo2i.htm. I preferred Sorrento over Positano based on our land stay, but I agree with the statements that going to Positano during a port visit is great because of the Amalfi Coast views en route to Positano.

Happy travels,

Donna

Thanks Bob and Donna-

I had printed those site schedules out before. But, I can only get them to show Sorrento---Pompei----Napoli. No Hercalaneum? We may have to talk to a hotel; but, does anyone else know of a site that gives Ercolano Scavi and Pompei Scavi train times from Sorrento?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest jxw7691

We did a ships tour, mini bus and after seeing Positano are going back in 18 months on our next holiday for a 4 day sojourn, it was beuatiful and well worth the trip, though my SO is a bit concerned at my suggestion of driving ourselves (Italy was a breeze compared to how they drive on that coast).

How far are the towns of Positano, Ravello, Amalfi and Sorrento from Naples port? Can all these be seen in 6 hours and then return back to the ship at Naples where it's docked? (don't really want to return to the ship with just an hour before it leaves in case there's traffic) Drive Amalfi or Drive Sorrento, APtours... which one All seems to claim experts but which one is better? Do they all converge on the same stops along the way? For such a short time, would it make more sense to leave it up to the driver where he should take you to see the sights ie panoramic viewpoints etc.? How much should you allot for lunch stop at the restaurant where they would take you ? Otherwise, which three should we be better off visiting to fit in such a short time frame, Amalfi, Sorrento Positano? Would it be better to join a group on these 'private tours' safety wise than just two people although time could be better managed then? Have never been on any private tours and just trying to look at all the options. Thank you very much for any advice.

Archived