Birth Certificates/married name/maiden name

jennymcc

They won't need a marriage license. Don't worry.

Considering the number of posts on this thread which detail personal experiences where a woman has been required to show her marriage certificate, how can you blithely say they won't need it? The posts here aren't anecdotal opinions, they're first-hand factual posts. As you won't be the one standing there as the 1 woman out of a 10,000 who is required to show proof of her name change, I guess it's easy for you to assume that these ladies won't be requried to show it. The problem is that they might. It doesn't matter how unlikely it is; it only matters that they can be required to show proof. Certainly, I wouldn't spend days fretting about it, and, if they can't get hold of a copy of their marriage certificates, they needn't panic because it is unlikely that they'll be asked for it.

beachchick

My husband and I went on the FOS back in April with another married couple. The other couple did not have passports, just bc's, and they didn't take their marriage certificate along. During check-in, they were asked for the marriage license. Because they didn't have it, it took probably 10 extra minutes while the person helping them walked away and did whatever it was they did to check our friends through. Not sure what is was, but they were allowed to board.

At disembarkment, customs also asked them MANY questions and it took them longer than normal to get through. All because of no marriage license.

Passports make everything go smoothly. A quick scan and you're through.

I'll add that my husband and I went on a Disney cruise back in 2004, before we had passports. I did take our marriage license along with our bc's but they never asked for it:rolleyes: .

Archived