I can't even pronounce ROATAN???

poodlemom396

Row-tahn

Honduras is lovely, although a tad hot :) We went to Gumbalimba Park (they have a website) and played with monkeys, crossed rope bridges and played on the beach. You can pay extra and do the zipline. I hope you have fun while visiting!

it is my understanding that in order to visit Gumbalimba, you must book a tour thru carnival.

before they switched our day in port (legend 12/2) to Wednesday, they only had a catamaran/snorkeling option available @ the park.

OT - has anyone else's intinerary changed from original date (fri) to (weds)?

Although the main Carnival site does list more offerings, evidently for other sailings. Now, nothing is currently available to book.:confused: Hope they get things together.:)

we really just want to poke around there, perhaps DH & son do the zipline. Did read a few posts a couple weeks ago wherein Carnival guests said they just hopped on a bus without prebooking?:confused: :confused:

I fell head over heels in love with Roatan! Here are my pics: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560929691svyRmX

If you don't book anything ahead of time, don't stress. As usual, there will be lots of people at the pier offering tours. We shopped a little first--they have absolutely gorgeous wooden bowls, vases, etc. there--then we found a guy who offered a tour of the island including the iguana farm and the beach for $20 per person (plus $5 for the iguana farm). You don't pay till you get back, so no risk. We had a young man named Marcus as our tour guide, and we had a wonderful time. My only complaint is that we weren't there long enough!

Archived