Fantasy/Bahamas help please?!!

dubmeister

:)Veteran Cruisers,

We're first-timers so please be gentle. I've posted these questions on other forums with no luck. We're going on Fantasy, October 10th-14th to Bahamas. 1)Wondering when the shows are?(we have 6:15 dinner, but could switch to late), 2)Are any of the early shows appropriate for well-behaved kids aged 13, 10 and 7 and would they enjoy them?, 3)Does the water-slide and pool stay open?, 4)Trying to book excursions on our own, but can't decide between the Pirates Beach Party thing, Pat and Dianne's Snorkel, or Blue Lagoon Beach? We're just looking for one day to snorkel and one day to relax on beach. If there's decent snorkeling off a beach, then we'd prefer to just do that and save some money. And 5)What kind of room service did you order to pack in a cooler for an excursion that they didn't confiscate before leaving the ship?

Thanks so much,

God Bless!

I can answer a few of the questions. As far as blue lagoon, if you go there, use that for the beach day. You can snorkle but it really is not worth the extra money. There are much better snorkling tours. As far as the shows, the daily paper will tell you if they are adult oriented or not. Usually but not always, the earlier ones are tamer. The pools usually stay opened till about 10, the waterslide though at least on my cruise closed at 5.

I would also say Blue Lagoon for a beach day it was beautifull. It's been a few years now since I was on the Fantasy and can't remember the exact shows but I do remember they were good especially the "big show". I'm sure if you search Fantasy reviews you will find current info on the shows.

You will love the Fantasy as a first cruise we did and it got us hooked!

The first show is usually around 8:30 and the second one is at 10:30. I may be off by thirty minutes. They are ok for a family. There will be R rated shows at midnight for comedy.

I would suggest Blue Lagoon for a beach day. I assume that you are going to Freeport also. I really do not have much to offer in a suggestion as I did the Pirate of the Bahamas or whatever it was called and thought it was a huge waste of money.

The early and late shows are the same show- you will see children at the early shows- even Camp Carnival brings a bunch of kids.

The big production shows are the best- lots of costume changes and you will see lots of skin lol- both female and male dances have some pretty scant costumes. But it is done in very good taste.

We took our kids to the shows and they enjoyed them. It was singing and dancing and all the cool costumes. Whenever they tried to go swimming late at night (like after 10) they would come back and say the pools were closed. I was so worried about them spending a bunch of money in the arcade, they never even went to it! I was shocked. I had the 6:15 dinner too, and I was worried, we are actually late eaters, but that worked out fine for us. There are more families at this seating I think. We did Pat and Diane's, on the boat ride back we saw the beach at Our Lucaya and it was really nice. That taxi ride is $5/pp each way and we did not feel pressured to rush to get back to the ship, there was plenty of time. The banana boat rides looked like tons of fun. And they have a water trampoline that is $10/half day, that looked like fun too. We didn't sneak food off the ship. We went to a little restaurant on the corner, it had alot of locals in it and just had conch fritters and french fries and drinks. They even let us have some local fruit. Then we ordered room service when we got back, like an appetizer before dinner. Fantasy was our first cruise too. We all had a great time. I think your kids will really enjoy it, especially if there are other kids for them to meet. I didn't encounter any of the negatives that you read about here. I did see there were huge lines waiting to sign up for shore excursions and that made me glad I had booked my own!

Most of your questions have been answered except the room service question. You can order whatever you want from room service to take with you on shore excursions. I have never heard of anything like that being confiscated prior to going ashore. I ususally take ziplock sandwich bags and order BLT's, brownies, etc., and put them in my backpack and have never had any trouble at all. Your bags are not usually scanned when you leave the ship, only when you get back on it.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Archived