Just booked for June 2005. 1st Question

basser

Yesterday I booked our first Alaskan cruise for June 2005 on the Carnival Spirit. I am thinking of using the Carnival transfer from Anchorage to Whittier. I notice that there's not much to Whittier and that the Spirit leaves at 8:00 pm. Does anyone know what time the Carnival shuttle gets to
Whittier and what time we can board the ship?

Can non Princess passangers ride their train to Whittier?

Be sure to consider adding several days for touring. Alaska isn't a frequent trip for most- it is costly in time and money to get all the way to Anchorage- take advantage. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You may also want to consider a one way car rental, Anchorage/Whittier with Avis. Determine what your interests are?? If you don't want to be in Whittier early and have more time to tour Anchorage- it may be a good option despite the cost.

Thanks B.Q. I knew I could depend on you for good advice. I would love to spend some time touring, unfortunately we are bringing our granddaughter and grandson and she has to get back for softball. My wife and I will come back next summer for a week land tour and not cruise.

Basser,

There is a lot to do that your grandkids would enjoy between Anchorage and Whittier, so a car might be a good idea. We liked the Portage Glacier tour a lot as well as the ride up the chair lift at Girdwood's Alyeska hotel. Stunning views and the ride is fun. (We got a combined ticket with a sandwich lunch at the top.) My daughter (7 at the time) enjoyed the drive-through Big Game Alaska "safari" and gold panning in the area around Girdwood. I have heard decent reviews of the day cruises out of Whittier.

RCCI Legend of the Seas to Alaska 8/02
NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

Next up:
Island Princess to Alaska 8/13/05

Archived