scooter rentals in Bermuda

pizzazzsas

Does anyone know the cost of renting a scooter in Bermuda?

We go every year,but have not rented scooters in awhile.When we were there in March I think I saw $28/$30 a day.I know the best place to rent from is Oleander,and they should be right by the docks.

Here's a couple of links to that info in general

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/transpo/index.html?type=mopeds

http://www.bermudaentertainment.com/

It's a start. I had another couple of links somewhere. Remember, you drive on the LEFT side of the road:confused: . When you get into a roundabout, a traffic circle for us in the US, it can be a killer :eek: (literally) to get out of it. ...but is is fun and a great way to see the island.:o

Does anyone know the cost of renting a scooter in Bermuda?
We rented from Oleander for 80.00 a day with insurance, deluxe scooter, I think it is 70.00 for the regular model. If you want my opinion........I would not rent scooters at all. They are very dangerous. I was very fortunate to have my accident in a parking lot when we stopped for ice cream with our kids. I was very lucky, but after walking around town and hearing stories of people being seriously injured and many killed, I know now that it was a BIG mistake!!! I am still having nightmares about what could have happened! Anyways, I just felt like I had to post this and hopefully change some minds about driving scooters.

Until this week I was definately in the anti scooter group. However, my Husband talked me into one- for one day at the Dockyard. It was so good that we kept it a second day. We were able to go to many of the beaches off the bus line and see things we'd never had the ability to see (3rd trip) However I would not rent one in st georges or hamilton. Riding around south Hampton and somerset was easier- much less congestion no rotaries. We also made it a Point ot stay off the roads at rush hour, obey the speed limit and I kept yelling "left" into my husband's ear. By the way the first day is 80, the second 47 and it goes down from there, If your reserve online there is a discount.

We just returned from the Majesty, Boston to Bermuda on 9/12. We rented our scooter for the entire time from Oleander & explored on our own. I believe if you book online, they will give you a 10% discount(used to be 15%) However, if you check the site Airseago, they have coupons to print for 15%. We were given a discount card from our TA for 15% & the total was around $145.00 for 3 days. Here is the link for scooter discount & others:

http://www.passengerdiscount.com

I would never rent a scooter and I don't scare easily. I just do not want to risk having my vacation ruined by having an accident. This has happened to many daring visitor's to Bermuda. The roads are made of coral so if you do fall expect to end up in a hospital. Plus the roads are narrow and winding and there are cars flying in every direction and also driving on the wrong side of the road. We tried walking them and was not an easy task. Some had no sidewalks. Better off using the public transportation.

Archived