Ushuaia horseback riding tour - any experiences?

NYLady

• 2 weeks later...

Thought your question was interesting and something that the hubby and I might want to do so I did some info hunting ;)

According to cruise411.com... Ushuaia Horseback Riding: Available at Relinchos del Hipico. I then put in Relinchos del Hipico and I ended up on a site called myexcursions.com. That sight had the following info:

Ushuaia horseback riding

A short ride will take you to Relinchos del Hipico (Ushuaia’s Horseback Riding Club) where you will be directed to your designated horse and begin your journey across Tierra del Fuego, the uttermost ‘end of the world’. You will ride alongside the slope of Mount Susana towards the Beagle Channel coast, by the sea and through the forest, enjoying the pure air and a close encounter with the Fuegian Nature at its best. After the ride, your will return to Club Hipico for a typical snack and a chance to sample the traditional Argentinean beverage named mate before your return to pier.

Please note: Participation is very limited. This tour is not recommended for guests with back problems. You must know how to ride a horse. The duration of the ride is approximately two hours. A liability waiver release form will be required to be signed. If you book the program and then refuse to sign the waiver release, no refunds will be possible. This activity is strenuous. (3-3½ hours)

I then put in Ushuaia and Hipico in to my search and I came up with the following site at http://www.centrohipicoushuaia.com.ar/principal.htm

This looks like the place but I don't read spanih. So here is the link for those of you that want to use the Google Translator to view the site.

Lots of photos at http://www.centrohipicoushuaia.com.ar/cabalgatas/index.htm

Of course don't know if this is who is doing your shore excursion.... hope that my infohunting has helped you.

Thank you so much!

The first description is exactly what I found on the Oceania Web site but I never found the link to those pictures. That is very helpful...a picture is worth 10,000 words.

I'm definitely going to book it (and hope it doesn't get cancelled).

• 4 months later...

We have been to Patagonia...returned from the cruise 2.5 weeks ago. I did book the horsebackriding but I was the only one. I discovered that I was the only one just one day into the cruise so I had over a week to recruit others but failed to attract any takers. The tour manager indicated that the ranch is only a short taxi ride from the pier so I could probably set it up myself. I was happy about this because I figured it would probably cost less if I arranged it myself. When we arrived in Ushuaia I checked it out and discovered that they will only book groups and only in advance. So, I didn't get to do my "end of the world" horsebackriding and I just had to get over it.

I did talk to one of the cruiseship staff members who said that it is a relatively new tour but that one group of 15 went recently and returned saying it was fabulous.

Archived