Celebrity air?

FromHereToThere

I understand that Celebrity will look to get the cheapest air and that might mean connecting flights with layovers and you won't find out the flight schedule until maybe a week before the cruise. I don't think it is worth it. Our TA always got us a good deal and we knew right away the schedule. What you might save in air you will spend in the airport waiting around.

We have only had one stop on a transatlantic flight and we use Celebrity air for our transatlantics.

Even if we booked the air ourselves, we would have had one stop as there was no direct flight from Chicago to Barcelona.

We always found out about our air at least by final payment time - if not sooner.

With custom air, we had our air information and plane seats in February for a November cruise.

We used Celebrity air from Atlanta to Rome this summer. After reading all the horror stories/negative posts about cruise air we were really concerned. However, we never could find flights for a price that was any lower that Celebrity offered.

We were issued our tickets about a month before departure, and were pleasantly surprised that we were booked on a nonstop Delta flight. We arrived on time, were met by a Celebrity representative, and were promptly whisked away to a bus which then took us to Civitavecchia.

The only down side was that we had no time in Rome to sightsee;however, we wouldn't have had time anyway--we didn't want to be away from home that long (teenagers at home with Grandma). We did have the option of using a deviation which would have cost about $75/person, but which is free for past passengers.

The bottom line is that I am no longer leery of using cruise air, and will use it in the future, if it is not too expensive, and saves me alot of hassle.

Leigh

So do you think if you use Celebrity air that your flight will leave plenty early to get you there on time? I would think they would use a flight with fewer and shorter stops, and early morning flights, at least I hope so since I booked my cruise and air using Celebrity, and we are not leaving a day or two before our cruise. It's a 16 night TA cruise and we just can't be gone any more days. Usually we arrive a couple days before the cruise. So maybe I better buy insurance!!!!

Archived