jalousie beach

patandal

We are going to St Lucia in March with the Crown Princess. We want to do Jalousie beach but we don't want to do a tour. Although Cosol was very nice in his email he was pretty obstinate about "seeing the island to get a true feel of St Lucia" and although I am sure he is right we just want to go to Jalousie and spend our time there. Does anyone know how we go about that?? Can we just grab a taxi or do we need to get a tour?? Help please :))

You should be able to hire a water taxi from the port to the Jalousie Beach, though, I personally, am not quite sure just how many (water/taxi's) hang out at the port, versus the cruise passengers that might have interest also in grabbing one. I think this would depend on if you are willing to chance just a bit with availability.

It would be my advise to contact Barefoot Holidays dot com and explain just what you would like to do. Water/taxi is the quickest way to the Jalousie, and then you might decide whether or not you would like to take a water taxi back again to the cruise port or have them send a ground taxi/guide to take you back, so you could experience the scenic land route back. They will help in the timing and be responsible for your timely pickup and transport back to the ship, also.

I myself have stayed at the Jalousie and would just grab a water taxi or land taxi to get were we needed to go. Though... I did use Barefoot Holidays in 2003 to help in planning an over the top surprise wedding gift tour to the Jalousie for a niece and nephew, during their cruise stop in St. Lucia. I was very familiar with the prices for water taxi's and land taxi/guides for 1-4 passengers, and to my surprise, they were pretty much right on the standard taxi association rates for all, and no extra charges for all their time and effort involved. They greeted them at the ship, and kept me updated throughout the day, to let me know all was going well.

They were even able to get me a guaranteed helicopter transfer/tour for just... the two of them, at a bit of a discount from St. Lucia helicopter's 4 passenger minimum price (ok, that was a bit over the top, but soooooooo cool, lol) . I had them take a land/taxi/mini tour back to ship.

Archived