Playa Chen Rio

jeanarch

Several years ago we were in Cozumel and read on this board about a small restaurant in the Chen Rio area. There were 11 of us and we rented vehicles and went. It was nothing more than a gathering of Palapas and a large kitchen structure. The food was all seafood (I think they went and caught it as we ordered) and lots of drink and the price was so small & unbelievable. Does anyone know if this place survived all the hurricanes. Will be back in January and would love to know.

We were at Chen Rio in Jan 2007, off the Miracle. Four of us ate and drank for what we considered to be very reasonable prices. Seafood was fresh and plentiful. Beer was cold and the wife especially liked the margaritas. :) But, price can be relative. For those who think the prices are higher, it may be because of what they had to spend to reopen after the hurricanes. Beach was excellent.

Several years ago we were in Cozumel and read on this board about a small restaurant in the Chen Rio area. There were 11 of us and we rented vehicles and went. It was nothing more than a gathering of Palapas and a large kitchen structure. The food was all seafood (I think they went and caught it as we ordered) and lots of drink and the price was so small & unbelievable. Does anyone know if this place survived all the hurricanes. Will be back in January and would love to know.

It's still there. I went last Thursday. That $45 seafood platter is now $75 though! We had a couple drinks then went around the corner to Coconuts and ate there. The food is good there. Chips and salsa are free with drinks. I don't eat quacamole but everyone who did said it was the best and freshest they had ever had!

Archived