flight ? ~ Southwest Airlines

MK2

I'm still not understanding. Does this mean that after customs, my luggage is taken to my airport and checked? Does this mean I can spend the day in Miami luggage-free till my flight? Or am I missing something here?:o

If you use the Southwest service, after you've gone through customs you will stand in line and check in just like at the airport, it just happens at the pier. You are then free to make your way to the airport anyway you like. If it takes you several hours to get there, with a detour to Miami Beach for example, that is no problem. :D

That is why the cost of this services is worth it to some of us. We get to check in away from the mess of the airport AND we don't have to worry about our bags if we want to explore the area before going to the airport.

If you use the Southwest service, after you've gone through customs you will stand in line and check in just like at the airport, it just happens at the pier. You are then free to make your way to the airport anyway you like. If it takes you several hours to get there, with a detour to Miami Beach for example, that is no problem. :D

That is why the cost of this services is worth it to some of us. We get to check in away from the mess of the airport AND we don't have to worry about our bags if we want to explore the area before going to the airport.

Oh, that is a wonderful service! I had no idea! I am flying US Air. Does anyone know if US Air has the same service? Or is it just Southwest since the airport is in Ft. Lauderdale?

(sorry if I'm hijacking this thread):o

Oh, that is a wonderful service! I had no idea! I am flying US Air. Does anyone know if US Air has the same service? Or is it just Southwest since the airport is in Ft. Lauderdale?

(sorry if I'm hijacking this thread):o

I'm sorry but I'm not certain about US Air. I know a few of the cruiselines have services they offer onboard ship in connection with a few of the major airlines where they actually check you in onboard the ship for a fee. Once you are past customs you literally just drop off your bags at the truck that takes them to the airport. I am not certain exactly which airlines participate in these services.

Archived