What's the earliest flight from Laguardia via Cunard transfer?

whylion

I know this has probably been answered, but I can't seem to find it. Is a 1 pm flight from Laguardia airport a safe bet if we're taking the Cunard transfer upon arrival in Red Hook?

Thanks

The ship arrives at 6 am. If you take a cab(30-35.00 per cab), you will at the airport before 10 am....the problem with transfers is they wait for everybody but I also think that the transfer should get you there in plenty of time

I have used the transfers for LGA flights leaving at 2:00. Both times I had more than enough time and could have taken an earlier flight, so you should be fine with a 1:00 flight. Do check the prices; for one person the transfer is cheaper, but for two the taxi might turn out to be a relative bargain.

Julia

When we arrived back at the Red Hook Terminal last month, there were outside two lines--one was if you wanted a cab, and one if you wanted a car service. It was first-come, first served. We opted for the car service and it ended up costing about the same as a cab.

If we had made a previous arrangement with a car service, it would have cost less.

When we arrived back at the Red Hook Terminal last month, there were outside two lines--one was if you wanted a cab, and one if you wanted a car service. It was first-come, first served. We opted for the car service and it ended up costing about the same as a cab.

If we had made a previous arrangement with a car service, it would have cost less.

Angela, please tell me a little more about your experience leaving Red Hook. Were there long lines for the cabs and car services? What time did you leave the ship? How much did the car service cost? Any additional information. Just trying to decide what to do when we leave the ship going to LaGuardia next month. Thanks for your help.

Beth

Angela, please tell me a little more about your experience leaving Red Hook. Were there long lines for the cabs and car services? What time did you leave the ship? How much did the car service cost? Any additional information. Just trying to decide what to do when we leave the ship going to LaGuardia next month. Thanks for your help.

Beth

Beth,

We left the ship around 9:00am, because we weren't in a hurry to leave and only had to catch the train from Grand Central to go back to work. We waited about 15 minutes until it was our turn to get into a car and it was ~$40 usd. We were in Grand Central by 9:30 and had to wait for the train, so you could figure about that much time to get to LaGuardia. Of course you are going to figure a bit more time into your equation, because if you miss your flight one isn't going to come by half an hour later. The car we took was your regular sedan, though there were some little guys in the car service line that might be more appropriate for those who are clever enough for carry-on only. I would have liked to see how that worked out to satisfy my curiousity, but they were behind our car, and I found I wasn't curious enough to wait around and see.

We were some of the last ones off and the ship was full, but there were still plenty of cars waiting for passengers. On our way to the ship we'd arranged for a car to pick us up at the station, and that one was ~$24, so if cost is a factor, you may want to arrange a pick up, though obviously I don't know how you would know which is your car, unless you'd discussed it with the car service beforehand.

Gosh, Beth, if you knew how dog-tired we were when we got off the ship, you would admire how much I remember. We packed 7 nights into 4. :p

If you have any other questions, please ask. I understand how one experience is still 100% more than none, and appreciate the help I got from others, and am happy to share.

Beth,

We left the ship around 9:00am, because we weren't in a hurry to leave and only had to catch the train from Grand Central to go back to work. We waited about 15 minutes until it was our turn to get into a car and it was ~$40 usd. We were in Grand Central by 9:30 and had to wait for the train, so you could figure about that much time to get to LaGuardia. Of course you are going to figure a bit more time into your equation, because if you miss your flight one isn't going to come by half an hour later. The car we took was your regular sedan, though there were some little guys in the car service line that might be more appropriate for those who are clever enough for carry-on only. I would have liked to see how that worked out to satisfy my curiousity, but they were behind our car, and I found I wasn't curious enough to wait around and see.

We were some of the last ones off and the ship was full, but there were still plenty of cars waiting for passengers. On our way to the ship we'd arranged for a car to pick us up at the station, and that one was ~$24, so if cost is a factor, you may want to arrange a pick up, though obviously I don't know how you would know which is your car, unless you'd discussed it with the car service beforehand.

Gosh, Beth, if you knew how dog-tired we were when we got off the ship, you would admire how much I remember. We packed 7 nights into 4. :p

If you have any other questions, please ask. I understand how one experience is still 100% more than none, and appreciate the help I got from others, and am happy to share.

Thanks so much, Angela! Your answer is very thorough. I am not that concerned about the cost. I just want reliable transportation without waiting a long time.

How long were the taxi lines?

Beth

Thanks so much, Angela! Your answer is very thorough. I am not that concerned about the cost. I just want reliable transportation without waiting a long time.

How long were the taxi lines?

Beth

The line of people waiting was the same for taxis as for car service, but the number of taxis was considerably less than the car service cars. So they waited longer. I think taxis prefer to stay in the city (Manhattan), and so don't venture out into the other boroughs the way the car services do.

The line of people waiting was the same for taxis as for car service, but the number of taxis was considerably less than the car service cars. So they waited longer. I think taxis prefer to stay in the city (Manhattan), and so don't venture out into the other boroughs the way the car services do.

Thanks again, Angela. Very helpful information.

Beth

Archived