We're back!!!!

knsky

From POH 10/8 sailing. Had a great time. Thank You to everyone who selflessly shared all your advice with us before we left.

Overall, the cruise was great. Here are just my opinions...

Flight from NYC to SF to Honolulu on United. The flight was fine. Long but we were very excited!! return flight - HN to LA to NYC. All flights were on time.

Cabin - Had an inside. It was fine for us and we had cruise before on the Dawn (4xs) in inside cabins. We were out of the cabin 90% of the day. The cabin area is a bit smaller than other ships we been on but comfortable for 2. Our cabin steward was fine. We received the extra towels requested and cleaning was sufficient.

Car rental - In Hilo, Kuaui and Maui with Thrifty (blue chip members). No problems, bus was at every port by the time we left the ship (about 8:30am).

Went to VNP, Waimea Canyon, beaches in Maui - all great. Road to Hana- a bit over rated for us.

NCL Luau- Food was okay. Show was interesting. CD said that 900 :eek: of us went.

Show on ship - magician/comedian were good. Missed the other ones.

Food - Found the buffet food to be pretty good especially for breakfast. No charge dining rooms were okay but service was slow. Had dinner at Cagney one night and it was very good.

Staff- Did not enjoy the CD (Ray Carr). I found him to be offensive with his comments. One of the Asst. CD was sharing inappropariate stories (loudly)on the kmart shuttle with young passengers about her nights of wild drinking/partying when she is not on duty! There are much greater CD/Asst. on other ships. Again, just my humble opinion.

On board activities: Limited to mostly alcohol related ones - if you choose to participate.

Overall, great trip. We are pretty easy going so not much can ruin our trip. Afterall, we were in Hawaii!!

Again, these are only my opinions. I be happy to answer any specific questions anyone may have.

Aloha,

KNSKY

Mahalo for your review. I must admit to some surprise about the onboard activities all revolving around alcohol. They must have made some changes since last December because there were many choices (some Hawaii-specific such as lei making and hula lessons and some of the "typical" cruise things) other than drinking-related ones. Bummer.

beachchick

Nicole100: The ship skipped Kona due to the Ironman competition. Hope that you have a good time there.

Beachchick: I should clarify my point. There were a few hawaiian related activities but it puzzled me that it generally occurred midday when most folks were off the ship on excursions???:confused:

They did add on an activity one day... an extra pub crawl! I am sure that it was fun for many... just not our cup of tea:p

KNSKY

Pub crawl is an activity onboard. You pay a fee and visit many of the bars within a certain period of time in succession, sampling a different drink at each. It seems like a fun activity (if you like to sample different adult beverages) and the groups are usually loud, laughing and seem to be having a great time - as you can imagine!! We've not participated since I'd be asleep afer the 1st stop. ;)

There were 2 Pub Crawls on the POAl. 5 bars, 5 drinks, $15. Check Freestyle Daily or ask for the weeks overview at Reception.

What time are they on the POH? I've only been to one we did as a cc group and it was a blast. We had many non drinkers too that went and didn't drink. It was a lot of fun.

Archived