Disney Excursions at St. Maarten

SweetAngel

I am trying to decide on the following tours:

1) Lotterie Farm Hidden Forest Tour.

2) Island Drive and Explorer Cruise.

3) Under 2 Flags Island Tour.

Has anyone taken these tours, and would you like to share your experiences? Thank you.

I am trying to decide on the following tours:

1) Lotterie Farm Hidden Forest Tour.

2) Island Drive and Explorer Cruise.

3) Under 2 Flags Island Tour.

Has anyone taken these tours, and would you like to share your experiences? Thank you.

We did the Island drive and explorer cruise.

It was pretty good. I have seen the island before so the bus part was a repeat for me. I know it sounds bad but much of St. Maartin is poverty by our standards so sometimes riding around makes me feel so bad for the residents and to realize how lucky I am.

I did love the boat ride. It wa sa pretty view and they had live entertainment on board. Sit on the top deck because the singer is up there and he is also very funny. He will pick on people sitting on top and do alot of teasing. He was very talented. there was free pop too, although everyone had tip jars out.

Marigot for shopping is nice but mostly expensive store with things I dont buy, jewelry, nice clothing. If you like that the stores are great. There is an open air market just about 8 blocks from the dock that has some neat stuff for sale at good prices. the bay is beautiful to see.

We di dnt eat there but where you dock there are several places to eat but they were very expensive. One place had an outside menu and a burger was $9.00 Dont go hungry on this excursion! Because it iwll cost a fortune to eat.

The boat ride back was very relaxing and fun . The entertainment went full blast all the way back too. The traffic was terrible on the bus back and we arrive right at the time we had to be on the boat. we ran very late!! But on a DCL excursion the ship will wait for you.

did like this excursion, YES would we do it again, Probably and yes I would recomment it for someone who wants a nice relaxing few hours to explore the island.

Under 3 flags tour

we did this a few years ago. You will see some awesome views from higher elevations. Get views of the ships in port too. A couple of gift shops at viewpoints with some interesting things. Not many bathrooms and people do line up for them. we were told there was one bathroom so 25 people spent the whole 20 minute stop in line only to find out they had new restrooms out of the gift shop off to one side, so ask if you have to go or you may waste too much time waiting in line.

The exciting part of this tour is the ride there and back. You are in an open air bus, on benches with NO seat belts. They drive on the opposite sid eof the street than us which feels weird to start with, the roads are steep and windy. it will say 25 MPH and when you look at the spedometer it will say 55 pr 60.

we even stopped on a couple of blind corners to look at a view that was scary to me, but they all do this. We had a red light for several seconds, and our driver wanted to run it but a lady was in the crosswalk. He hit the breaks and yelled at her??

We thought it was just us but after talking to others and I have been there 3 times now this is normal for them. They are crazy drivers. We comapred it to a thrill ride at WDW without the safety features.

It was a good excursion and awesome views, a must to bring the cameras for, but the ride can be a bit crazy. I dont know if it has changed any, I doubt it. I will be there next month and will find out.

Would I do this one again, yes. would I recommend it, yes.

Have fun deciding,

mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you so much Mom x4. :)

Your details are so very helpful and appreciated.

I am leaning toward the Island Drive and Explorer cruise since the excursion is an hour longer and since it includes the boat as well as bus.

However, I am most interested in the Lotterie Farm hike, but unfortunately, after exhaustive research on different cruise boards and search engines, I have found very little information on the excursion. It seems no one has taken it. I hate signing up for an excursion that I know nothing about. :(

Decisions, decisions ... :confused:

Archived