St. John Trunk Bay Ship Tour

SweetAngel

Has anyone taken the excursion to Trunk Bay Beach where you ferry over and then take a taxi? How does that work?

Did you think the excursion was a good one?

Would it be better to take the excursion that goes all the way by boat and then snorkel off the back of the boat and dingy to the beach?

Both tours are the same price, but I think it would be harder for my children (ages 9 and 11) to snorkel from the back of a boat than from the beach.

Any comments?

We have done this excursion twice and really enjoyed it . The ride over to St. John is nice and then you are put into an open air taxi. The drive is very scenic and stops at a lookout over Trunk Bay for picture taking. The beach is beautiful and the snorkel trail is well done . The snorkel gear is included and they have many sizes.There are also washrooms and a snack bar/ store there.There are underwater plaques with descriptions of fish and coral you see as you snorkel.. The only downfall is that you don't have alot of time at the beach. I think it was under 2 hours. Thats why we are leaving in 3 1/2 weeks for a 10 day vacation on St. John.:)

We have also seen the boat that anchors in the bay and you swim in. It does not get very close and has to anchor at the opposite end of the beach from the snorkel trail. If your children are not strong swimmers , that may not be the best option.

Thank you so much canusa for taking the time to answer my question. I went ahead and booked the excursion. It sounds wonderful, and I really do think the kids will like the beach better. They tried to snorkel off a boat when they were younger, and were much too scared to enjoy it.

I had actually booked this same excursion to St. John 2 years ago, but bad weather cancelled the trip.

Heres hoping for sunshine and calm seas this time around! :cool:

Archived