RCL Cozumel Excursion Help

CleoSushi

Hi there everyone,

My husband and I and anothe courple are going on our first Western Caribb cruise next year. We are stopping in Belize, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. Can you tell me which one of these cruise sponsored excursions are better. We prefer ship sponsored one over private ones plus one of us is preggo during that time. Any help would be great. We want relaxing, safe and enjoyable experiences. THANKS AGAIN:D

COZUMEL

-Beach Escape and Fiesta Cruise

-Discover Mexico and Chankanaab Pk

-Deluxe Beach Break

-Passion Island Escape

Hi there everyone,

My husband and I and anothe courple are going on our first Western Caribb cruise next year. We are stopping in Belize, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. Can you tell me which one of these cruise sponsored excursions are better. We prefer ship sponsored one over private ones plus one of us is preggo during that time. Any help would be great. We want relaxing, safe and enjoyable experiences. THANKS AGAIN:D

COZUMEL

-Beach Escape and Fiesta Cruise

-Discover Mexico and Chankanaab Pk

-Deluxe Beach Break

-Passion Island Escape

more details needed:

do you drink, do you "party" or are you wanting more quiet serene romantic atmosphere? Do you want all you can eat food ?

WEll, the Fiesta cruise one will attract the young, party type crowds...

the Deluxe Beach Break is to Playa Mia, lots of kiddo's and the chairs are very uncomfortable!!

There is great snorkeling at Chankanaab Park, they have a wooden chair with umbrella's to sit in, not too bad as far as comfort. Bring towels to use as padding. The food to order is really good in the sit down restaurant.

As for Passion Island the last review I read said it was very quiet and peaceful, but didnt offer a whole lot of shade since the hurricanes have wiped out the palm trees. I dont know about snorkeling there either.

My vote would be the Chankanaab and Mexico tour, it sounds like fun and you at at the park where the woman can relax and the men can drink and snorkel.

Hope this helps a little.

We always take a taxi to Playa San Francisco, rent two lounge chairs and an umbrella ($20.00), swim and relax. It is a short taxi ride to the beach - around 15 minutes. Total cost under $40.00 for the two of us. Food and drinks are available.

For pics of the beach check the link below.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Passion Island is awesome. It's BEAUTIFUL! Very relaxing, with good food included & an open bar with many options. My DH & I went there last month & LOVED it. It's very peaceful. There is no snorkeling, however. It's just a place to sit & relax. We would definitely go back. The bus ride over (about 45 min.) was fine with me. I liked seeing the island & we got some history & other info. from our guide.

Another option that's popular on the Cozumel board is the Nachi Cocom (sp?) excursion. It is NOT ship sponsored, however. Check out the Cozumel board about it--they have a pool with swim up bar, beach, all-inclusive food & drinks & I think there are rentals for snorkelling, jet skis, etc.

My table mates went to Playa Mia (I think it's the deluxe beach break) & were very disappointed in the beach there.

Archived