Local Area Discount

grandmaR

Someone told me this morning that there was a local area discount for people that lived in Baltimore that were cruising out of Baltimore that was available on Royal Caribbean. I'd never heard of that.

Is there a local area discount for Baltimore (or any other locality)?

If there is one, how does that work?

Some cruises have residency discounts. When you look up your cruise on-line, one of the questions asked is the state where you live. If your state qualifies for that particular cruise or cabin type, you will see it where the cabins are listed. There will be two prices - the regular one and one for residents of that particular state. Just ask for it when you book.

Not all cruises have residency discounts. Sometimes the residency discounts are only for certain categories or for certain sailings. Sometimes they will only add residency discounts to a sailing for a short amount of time to encourage people to book.

Just because there isn't a residency discount for your state when you book, keep checking back on RCCL's website, because one might pop up for your sailing and category at a later date (happened to me this past year).

I booked with an on-line cruise agency. They didn't say anything about a discount. Does that mean that there was none?

There may not have been one when you booked with your on-line agency. Call now and have him/her check for you. You never know, you might get lucky

I booked with an on-line cruise agency. They didn't say anything about a discount. Does that mean that there was none?

Since your cruise is sold out, there is definitely not one now. Most online cruise agencies will give you residency discounts if there is one when you booked, but they aren't always offered, so it is highly probable that there was not one available when you booked.

Archived