Supper Club Question

ohiochic

We're leaving for our first cruise 2 weeks from today (Legend)! :) We have two formal nights so I was thinking DH and I would reserve the supper club restaurant for Friday, the second formal night. Can anyone tell me if the supper clubs tend to be busier on formal nights?

Thanks.

First of all, the Supper Clubs are fantastic. As you enter the ship, there is a reservations booth set up, sometimes adjacent to the tour desk for supper club reservations. Some weeks they fill up quickly, other weeks there are openings. I guess it all depends on the clientele of that particular cruise. I would ask to see the dinner menus for the regular dining rooms and go to the supper club on your least favorite night or two.

We're leaving for our first cruise 2 weeks from today (Legend)! :) We have two formal nights so I was thinking DH and I would reserve the supper club restaurant for Friday, the second formal night. Can anyone tell me if the supper clubs tend to be busier on formal nights?

Thanks.

I ate at The Point the first formal night and there were very few folks there. Some people were there for cocktails but I suspect the lure of lobster in main dining keeps the numbers down at the supper clubs...

I ate at The Point the first formal night and there were very few folks there. Some people were there for cocktails but I suspect the lure of lobster in main dining keeps the numbers down at the supper clubs...

We ate at the Supper Club on the second formal night (same cruise as Machman) and the place was a ghost town. We may have seen a total of 6 people in the Supper Club that night. The food was awsome, had to be one of the best steaks ive had outside of Ruth Chris and the service was outstanding.

We ate at the Supper Club on the second formal night (same cruise as Machman) and the place was a ghost town. We may have seen a total of 6 people in the Supper Club that night. The food was awsome, had to be one of the best steaks ive had outside of Ruth Chris and the service was outstanding.

Ya' know... I've tried to make that comparison before but it always fails me. The method of preparation at Ruth's Chris is very unique and produces an unusual piece of meat!

I really can't say that one was better than the other but I can say that the service I had at The Point was better than any I've ever had at Ruth's Chris!

Just off the Glory, and I have to say that the Supper Club was the highlight of the cruise! This was our 3rd cruise (my 4th, his 3rd), and we finally decided to give the Supper Club a try. Were we ever glad we did! I am being completely honest when I tell you that this was the BEST meal either of us has ever had in our entire lives. Yes, it was that good! We had the ribeye chop...maybe it was listed as prime rib chop? Anyway, it was cooked to perfection, and speaking as a steak lover, it was THE BEST. The rest of the meal....all 38475630 courses ;) ..... was fabulous, too. The only down side to this is that you will eat TOO MUCH and then be miserably full for the rest of the evening. :p

For those who question the charge, the cost is $30, and that includes everything you order except alcohol and maybe soft drinks. There are no hidden charges. It will be the best $30 you spend on your cruise! DO IT!!!!!

Ya' know... I've tried to make that comparison before but it always fails me. The method of preparation at Ruth's Chris is very unique and produces an unusual piece of meat!

I really can't say that one was better than the other but I can say that the service I had at The Point was better than any I've ever had at Ruth's Chris!

True, as I recall they sear the steaks at Ruth's Chris along with the butter, but the flavor and tenderness of both are forever in my mind. I noticed in another thread that you were involved in the Air Force in Colorado Springs. Have you ever been up in Denver and had dinner at either The Fort of the Buckhorn Exchange??

True, as I recall they sear the steaks at Ruth's Chris along with the butter, but the flavor and tenderness of both are forever in my mind. I noticed in another thread that you were involved in the Air Force in Colorado Springs. Have you ever been up in Denver and had dinner at either The Fort of the Buckhorn Exchange??

I was only at C Spings functioning as a Stan/Eval type on visits so, no, I didn't get to wander around a ton...

DH and I ate at the Supper Club on the Legend a few weeks ago. We did it during the first formal night (not lobster fans) and there were a total of four couples in the whole place. We had amazing service and the food was great!

That tends to be most people's reaction...

How was your birthday on board the Legend???

:D

Are the meals on the formal night a little better than the casual? If so I may do the supper club on a casual night. Although having the servce to ourselves may be advantagious, I really would hate to miss a formal night as I remember it to be a great atmosphere.

DH and I have eaten in the Supper Club on Formal nights and non formal nights. On the Liberty, the Supper Club was actually full on Formal night. But, on the Legend for the first formal night it was practically empty. We also ate on a non formal night at the Supper Club on the Legend and there were about 5 or 6 couples. I think on the Legend a lot of people do not even know it is there unless they read CC. We heard a lot of people saying they would not pay the $30 per person to eat there. It is worth every penny and then some.

If you can, eat at the Supper Club on the Legend. The food and service are excellent. But as a previous poster warned, you will be overly full for the rest of the night. Also, plan on a minimum of 2 1/2 hours for dinner. ENJOY!

Are the meals on the formal night a little better than the casual? If so I may do the supper club on a casual night. Although having the servce to ourselves may be advantagious, I really would hate to miss a formal night as I remember it to be a great atmosphere.

Formal nights are typically lobster or prime rib in main dining. Many folks do other evenings in the supper clubs to take advantage of the one, two or three lobster tails they can get in main dining. ;)

Can't say that I can blame them. I was sailing solo so I didn't feel like engaging in the formal night activities.

Hey Machman... I'm doing B2B on the Glory in a couple weeks. Booked a couple nights in the supper club, plan to do all the formal nights both weeks as well.

Whatdaya think? Tux or dark suit? Maybe both? And do you personally dress formal in the supper club as a single (as I will be). Also have a blue blazer and linen sports coat -- just seems a little overkill to take it all!

Loved your review, and respect your advice. :)

Machman -- just saw your answer to my question on another thread. Resort casual...or something like it.

Yeah... that seemed to be the norm but most folks, myself included, wore jackets. I wore a blue blazer, linen shirt, slacks.

Archived