VH Guarantee upgrade to VC quad room question?

dshgl

I know from looking at the deck plans we are at the front of the ship....my question is about the advantages or disadvantages of a quad room. What are they? It is only my husband and myself.... so kind of surprised they put us in a quad room. Does anyone have any pictures of that type of room? Is it the same size of other veranda staterooms? Last time we sailed we had a normal veranda room in the middle of the ship, no quad.

Thank you for any help you can give us.

I've never been in a quad room, but since no one else is answering you: it is my understanding that the only difference with a quad room is the bunk that folds down near the ceiling, and the sofa that opens into a bed.

In any case, any VC is far better than one of those four VH, IMO!!! :)

On the Baltic we were in 8010, and I had to leave and go down lower and center for a few hours one night due to motion. It didn't bother my DW enough to make her leave. Three decks lower (in a VC) it might not have been as bad.

Thank you for your help. I have been surprised no one has answered. Maybe I will learn a little more today.

I am very thankful to be enjoying a cruise with a verandah anywhere on the ship :>) Life is good!

Thank you. Did the quad room have a shower only or both shower and tub? It was nice to see the pictures. I couldn't tell from them if the extra bed comes down from the ceiling or what? Of course we won't be using it...but still curious if it will be in the way up there.

Thank you. Did the quad room have a shower only or both shower and tub? It was nice to see the pictures. I couldn't tell from them if the extra bed comes down from the ceiling or what? Of course we won't be using it...but still curious if it will be in the way up there.

We had the tub & shower. The bed is recessed into the ceiling, you will not even notice it unless you look for it - then you can see the outline of the berth. If it is put in use, it is lowered and raised by the steward each day.

Archived