Last minute questions

judyf

With the rental car shuttles, I'm using Thrifty in all ports except Maui on day 2 we have Enterprise.

I read some where that with Thrifty you can use another companies shuttles anyone know? I can't remember which one. How about Enterprise? I think I'm on information overload. Trying to get things down tonight. :rolleyes:

Any tips on where to go when we get to the pier on Oahu? I'm a Latitudes member and my friends are not but I read we can go together as we are cruising together. We did this in NYC with my daughter last year, no problem. Someone here on cc game me great directions on where to go for the Latitudes line and it helped a lot. Anyone have any tips?

Also any tips or suggestions on returning the cars?

What's the phone numer to call to check on the clouds for Haleakala Crater?

What time should we be at the pier to make 4:30 muster drill? And what if we miss it?

Last one for now what time would be best to make dinner ressie the first night and not miss sailaway or the lei's be giving out at the pool? Or anything else. That's brings to mind the Italian and Mexican restaurants are open the first night? My 2 favorite places.

3 more work days for me :eek: I'm going crazy at work and everything that could happen is happening.:rolleyes:

Any other last tips?

I want to thank everyone for all the great information you provide to the first time Hawaii visitor. THANKS! :D

Rental car co-ownerships are: Thrifty/Dollar, Alamo/National, Avis/Budget. Solo companies are: Enterprise, Hertz, Advantage. Remember reading on these boards that sometimes a shuttle driver will not take renters from the co-company. Though it couldn't hurt to ask the Dollar driver for a shuttle ride if the Thrifty shuttle has not yet arrived.

Rental car co-ownerships are: Thrifty/Dollar, Alamo/National, Avis/Budget. Solo companies are: Enterprise, Hertz, Advantage. Remember reading on these boards that sometimes a shuttle driver will not take renters from the co-company. Though it couldn't hurt to ask the Dollar driver for a shuttle ride if the Thrifty shuttle has not yet arrived.

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for. :D

I'm calm I'm leaving for Hawaii in 3 days ;) it's work that's crazy :eek:

Hi, Best tip I can think of regarding returning rental cars is don't forget to fill up with gas! One time we got so caught up in finding the place, getting there on time, etc., we forgot and boy is it costly!

Re the muster drill, when we sailed on POAm 9-1, we never did the drill. We got on the ship too late to do it the first day. They have a makeup session in the theatre on another day but we were in port that day and didn't go. They apparently never missed us.

(PS I think things go crazy at work right before you leave so you will appreciate vacation just that much more!)

With the rental car shuttles, I'm using Thrifty in all ports except Maui on day 2 we have Enterprise.

I read some where that with Thrifty you can use another companies shuttles anyone know? I can't remember which one. How about Enterprise? I think I'm on information overload. Trying to get things down tonight. :rolleyes:

As stated above, Thrifty and Dollar are together. The Dollar shuttle was always less crowded, but the driver had a clipboard on the one occasion we tried to use it that listed all the reservations. Not on the clipboard, not on the shuttle. The Thrifty shuttle never made us wait more than 15 minutes (and that was for one that left full and we just missed).

Any tips on where to go when we get to the pier on Oahu? I'm a Latitudes member and my friends are not but I read we can go together as we are cruising together. We did this in NYC with my daughter last year, no problem. Someone here on cc game me great directions on where to go for the Latitudes line and it helped a lot. Anyone have any tips?

Can't really help you with this one other than to say when we docked at pier 11, it was well marked where to go and the lines were delineated based on latitude member, marriott check-in, etc.

Also any tips or suggestions on returning the cars?

Pay attention to the closest gas stations as you leave so you can refill easily as you go back. Also, make certain you get all trash out of the vehicle. My DD left a candy wrapper, which they said could have cost me a $10 cleaning fee or something like that. Main thing as said before . . . REMEMBER THE GAS!

(808) 572-7749 is the one that I had in my notes to check weather etc.

What time should we be at the pier to make 4:30 muster drill? And what if we miss it?

I would say about 3:30, but with ours, they ended up moving the drill to 5 and as long as you showed up within about 30 minutes of the start and could prove you knew how to put on a life vest, they counted you as present.

Last one for now what time would be best to make dinner ressie the first night and not miss sailaway or the lei's be giving out at the pool? Or anything else. That's brings to mind the Italian and Mexican restaurants are open the first night? My 2 favorite places.

3 more work days for me :eek: I'm going crazy at work and everything that could happen is happening.:rolleyes:

Any other last tips?

RELAX RELAX and RELAX! :) Get your packing done, and spend some time getting everything around the house ready for your departure or whatever ritual you may have before you head off. (We always loved to change linens the day we left so we come home to clean sheets and towels).

I want to thank everyone for all the great information you provide to the first time Hawaii visitor. THANKS! :D

My notes are in red above. Otherwise . . . enjoy your trip!!!!!

My rental car tip is to really pay attention when you are riding in the shuttle so you know where the car rental/drop off spot is located. Thrifty in Kahului is off the airport - down the road from the Tee Shirt Factory IIRC.

3 more days until Paradise. Remember to relax and have a great time. If you want, you could put me in your suitcase and I can help with all of your questions while there.

We used rental cars and the shuttles run pretty regularly so even if a sister-company won't take you, yours will be there soon.

The muster drill actually started about 10 minutes late, waiting for stragglers. I wasn't too bad.

I did not see anyone giving out lei's on sail away day, if they do great, but I just don't want you to be disappointed if they do not.

At pier 2 just go to a NCL person and they will tell you what to do with your luggage and then procede insided to security. After that ask someone and they will put you in the right direction for latitude lines. We also traveled out of NYC for a Spirit cruise and our adult kids were not latitude members and were allowed to board with us in the latitude line.

Again, have a wonderful time and don't forget to prioritize what you want to see, believe me you can't see it all.

Hi, Best tip I can think of regarding returning rental cars is don't forget to fill up with gas! One time we got so caught up in finding the place, getting there on time, etc., we forgot and boy is it costly!

Re the muster drill, when we sailed on POAm 9-1, we never did the drill. We got on the ship too late to do it the first day. They have a makeup session in the theatre on another day but we were in port that day and didn't go. They apparently never missed us.

(PS I think things go crazy at work right before you leave so you will appreciate vacation just that much more!)

You are so right :rolleyes: :D

(808) 572-7749 is the one that I had in my notes to check weather etc.

Thanks I knew someone from CC would have that!

Get gas! that's important and I will pay attention to where we get the car and not leave any trash. :)

The lei's would be a plus but I have reado some seem to have them and other don't.

Thanks Everyone

Archived