parasailing/jet skiis/calica/playa

tbtma

hey all you very knowlegable folks!

Ive kinda asked this already in various ways but still havent gotten a real good answer. stopping in Calica/Playa del carmen on the Fascination and my daughter is dying to parasail or jet ski. In other islands we've been to, Cozumel/Grand Caymen etc, there were always vendors around on the beach to do this. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible around calica/playa. Ive asked about Mamitas beach Club, is that a good area for this?

Thanks Again

Bonnie

I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but I answered your question in the thread below. I'll try again. I'm not sure about Calica since I have never cruised into there, but you have many options right on the beach in Playa. I would believe the prices are better in Playa since there will be more competition there. Vendors for both parasailing and jet skis are right on the beach. I'm not sure about Mamitas, we've only vegged on the beach there. However, I'm sure someone at Mamitas has a brother, cousin, whatever that can hook you up once you are there. Mamitas is at the northern end of the beach only a block off of Fifth Avenue, the main shopping area in Playa. From the dock for the water transport to Cozumel (mid-beach in Playa) to Mamitas at the northern end of the beach, there are beach vendors everywhere. Have fun. We've been to the Playa area over a dozen times, two trips planned for 2008.

Thanks for the info... I think lol, But you didnt have to answer again if you felt you answered me the first time. I was just wondering if someone had firsthand experience with a vendor there, like prices and such ( no I didnt exactly ask for prices) I just dont want to wander around, i was looking for something specific, however thanks for making it clearer for me...somewhere on the beach in playa ...Im sure we will find what we are looking for.

Bonnie

Sorry, thought you just didn't like my answer :-). I don't remember what we paid for our boys to do it. Like I said, it is negotiable especially if you are doing several people. You may have better luck going to playinfo.com or iloveplaya.com on their forums. The playainfo seems to get a lot of people on their general forum

Archived