newbie snorkler

Caribbean-Ria

I also have a snorkel question. Is it possible to get the mask to seal with eye glasses. Would love to try it but can't see my hand in front of my face without my "specs", can't do contacts, any suggestions????

I just purchased 3 sets of snorkel equipment for our upcoming trip and in the process of shopping I found prescription masks that weren't as expensive as you'd think they'd be. Maybe about $50 or $60? Definitely worth the investment if you can't wear contacts. I don't remember the site where I saw those, but try posting on the snorkle/scuba thread and I bet someone could point you in the right direction.

Another vote for prescription masks for eyeglass wearers. The prescription doesn't have to be exact - for underwater use, an approximation is good enough. That means you can keep using your mask for quite a while even if your glasses prescription changes. At least that's been my experience. Makes a world of difference!

They have masks at Sports Authority that have different magnifications. You can try the mask on in the store and see how well you can see with it before you buy. Before I got my mask I used to take the ear pieces off of an extra pair of glasses and wear it in my mask. It worked pretty well.

I hope this helps!

Archived