having trouble finding info on SA

selltile

on the Star April 11 and having a problem finding info on La Serena, San Martin, Manta--any great books or links would be appreciated

Manta is Manta Ecuador. Not much in the town itself, but about 20 miles away is Montecristi, the home of Panama hats (no they are not originally from Panama). There is a little flea market, lots of hat makers. I travel to increase my import business, so don't spend a lot of time in museums or ruins. But walking around Montecristi is fun.

Try tripadviser.com

They have a forum specific to South America, with great recommendations and tips! It has local experts on line sometimes also!

Ask your questions there, there is always someone that can answer and help!

If you do a search on this forum you will get great information.

Here is a link to a post I've book marked for my own reference. This should help to get you started: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=367479

Would sugget also you go to your local library and check out what books they have.

Check the online websites for Fodors and Frommers as well.

Julia

Would sugget also you go to your local library and check out what books they have.

Check the online websites for Fodors and Frommers as well.

Julia

I second that suggestion for the local library. We found Lonely Planet and Fodor for most of our upcoming destinations. On the web, Lonely Planet has shorter listings of their book material for many of the ports we will be visiting. Also, use google or other search engine. There is lots of information from the localities themselves, and it is often in English.

Hope this helps.

Archived