Phillipsburg beach access

tanjohn

We will be in Phillipsburg for the day on the Carribean Princess. We do not want to go to the French side because we have two ladies who just want to sit on the beach close to the ship. I have heard there is a water taxi that takes you to a place to go to the beach. What is the best way to get to and enjoy a beach in Phillipsburg? A hotel beach? If so, which one?

Thanks

We will be in Phillipsburg for the day on the Carribean Princess. We do not want to go to the French side because we have two ladies who just want to sit on the beach close to the ship. I have heard there is a water taxi that takes you to a place to go to the beach. What is the best way to get to and enjoy a beach in Phillipsburg? A hotel beach? If so, which one?

Thanks

I've seen several posts here referring to how polluted the water is at Great Bay, which has the beach in Phillipsburg. I honestly don't know the details on that one way or the other, but I can tell you I went there with my daughter last year and the water looked beautiful. There is a water taxi that goes from the cruise pier to Phillipsburg. There are only 3 stops (including the cruise pier and 2 in Phillipsburg) and it costs $5 per day unlimited. The water taxis run continuously - they seem to run about every 10-15 minutes and as one is leaving, another is pulling in. At least this was my experience the 2 times I've been there on a cruise.

Enjoy!

Archived