hurricane update

vbacht

I'm not seeing it.... oops, here - but it is only this:

Sept. 1, 5 p.m.) -- Holland America is the second cruise line to report in with changes in anticipation of the Category Four Frances' approach to the Bahamas. Its Zuiderdam, sailing seven night roundtrips from Ft. Lauderdale (and now in St. Thomas where a cruise line spokesman says it's "enjoying a sunny day") will forego Friday's scheduled call at Nassau and spend an extra day at sea.

Zuiderdam is the only Holland America ship that is impacted thus far.

The company says in a statement that, at this point, it expects to go ahead with Saturday's Zuiderdam departure from Ft. Lauderdale as expected. However, passengers booked on the Zuiderdam's September 4 sailing can receive updates by calling 888-624-5788.

I bet they might change that a bit as the storm is not due to hit the east coast of Florida (and if it does that depending on the tracking) on late Friday or early Saturday. I would think Ft. Lauderdale certainly would not be a safe place to be. This storm is so big and wide that it can cover all the way across the state of Florida. We live here and this is our second time to evacuate. Evacuation is tomorrow morning.

Sorry Just Got A Little Excited When I Saw Update. It's Amazing How Fast Carnival Has Cancelled Some 3 Day Cruises And Their Seven Day Cruise Is Now A 5 Day Western And Have Offered Compensation. I Fine This Funny Considering Hal Is Owned By Carnival And They Are Only Dealing With One Ship. (zuiderdam)

Again I'm Sorry!!!

Archived