? Where is the Triumph ?

HighSeaslover

Does anyone know where the Triumph is. I understand due to Frances that it will not dock on time and they will move the ships to a safe place, but does anyone know if it just stays out to sea or does it dock somewhere safe?

I am very sorry for all those that had planned their vacation this week. We are suppose to sail on the 25th and I am praying that all is well for that week.

Hey Tigers, looks like we will be sailing together... I can hardly wait. Who all are going in your party? We have 12 coming for a family vacation.

I see you are from Lakeland, I have family there, been there many, many times. At one time I had my Mother, Brother, and two sisters all in Lakeland. They have now all moved back here in Illinois, but my neice still lives there. She is a teacher at the high school.

:)

I am going on the Triumph on the 18th!!

Now here's a ??

I read that people scheduled to leave on the 4th will be postponed until Monday with a bunch of stuff. (like on board credit, partial refund, and 50% off coupon, etc)

My ?? what about the people on the ship now? Do they get to stay on for 2 more days?? what about flights home, etc?

Makes me wonder...

wanna cruise: Those people on the triump are being let off and the triump will go to safer waters with no passengers onboard.

Where are you getting this information? I live in Miami and the Port has been closed. Carnival has said that these boats have not come in and they are getting extra time at sea until they can come in.

I got that info from another board. Said the passengers got off a day early and was heading out to sea..probably by Cuba. sailing with no passengers.

see- you cant believe everything you read...lol

You mean to tell me that the passengers are staying on the ship for a few days extra....arghhh. That cant be good. I mean to be cruising extra is nice but I remember hearing about ships that do that and run very low on food and stuff...

I got that info from another board. Said the passengers got off a day early and was heading out to sea..probably by Cuba. sailing with no passengers.

see- you cant believe everything you read...lol

You mean to tell me that the passengers are staying on the ship for a few days extra....arghhh. That cant be good. I mean to be cruising extra is nice but I remember hearing about ships that do that and run very low on food and stuff...

The problem, if you think about it is, where could Carnival possibly drop off those passengers? Becuase anywhere you go the hurricane is going to somehow affect all of Florida and on top of that, how would these passengers get back to Miami to catch thier flights or for the natives to get back home? It would cost Carnival a ton of money to put them all up in hotels...the best possible case scenario here is just to wait it out a day or two until the hurricane passes and get everyone back to home port.

As far as the food...I was wondering about that myself...

My mother is currently on the Triumph and we received a call today. They are floating around near Cuba and are all having a wonderfully relaxing time with calm waters. They have been told that they will probably not dock in Miami until Tuesday, but I guess this can keep changing.

The person who posted the information- that was posted earlier on the carnival board. That ships were pulling in a day or two earlier then heading out to sea without passengers. But sometimes in a course of a few hours carnival changed their minds and decided to keep the passengers onboard for a day or two. Ships that were supposed to dock today-Sat will dock on Monday Ships that were to dock will come back on Tuesday.

Wonder what happens with all those flights they couldnt take today and tomorrow. Is the airport closed today?

Yeah....well the ariports are open but there are no flights coming in and out. From what I understand the Triumph is supposed to be back on monday....I was supposed to leave today and now we are having a 5 day instead of 7-day cruise.

I'm going to have to give Carnival a call...becuase that will really pue me in a bad mood if this boat doesn't come back until Tuesday. It's bad enough I have cabin fever from being locked in my hosue waiting for this dreadfully slow stomr to pass...but to keep shortning my cruise even more..... &%^$*!

They have been told that they will probably not dock in Miami until Tuesday, but I guess this can keep changing.

I just spoke with Carnival.....Before I had another cow...and they informed me that nothing has been changed and that the Triumph still plans on leaving on Monday as stated on thier website since Firday.

You damn nearly gave me a heartattack! :eek:

SOME ships are coming in on Tuesday- Im sorry the poster nearly gave you a heart attack. DId you read that it may be in late? Keep an eye on the web page. Im sure the date will not change but with the storm stalled anything can happen.

Well thankfully the evacuations are being lifted here in Miami-dade county...however I believe the port is still closed, Miami International is going to re-open operations at 2PM today....I'm sure by tonight the ship can come in, if not they can get here tomorrow morning and debark those passengers and get us on like on a normal day....thankfully the storm is moving again....

Trust me when I tell you....I am crazy already! I feel so bummed about only having 5 days on the cruise and I'm sick of being locked in my house already...I guess that's what I get for planning a cruise in the middle of peak hurricane season =(

Imondrop, you sound like you could never live up north, as we get SNOWED in in the winter months. Just keep thinging this winter when you have beautiful weather about us folks that can't even open our doors to get the morning paper cause the snow drifts have sealed our doors closed.

I do feel really sorry about your vacation. You will have to work all the harder to have a good time enough for the 7 days in only 5 days. I am sure your up for it.

Here is to smooth sailing for the rest of the year!!! :)

Highseaslover -

I would get serious cabin fever! Although I absolutely adore the cold weather! The heat and humidty give me headaches and put me in a bad mood. I have planned a trip to NYC in the middle of December so I can be in the cold for a few days...But I don't think I handle being LOCKED in my house from snow either!

Thanks for your wishes...I will definately make the best of my 5-days and we are using our 50% dicount to go on a cruise in February. It also looks like we might end up getting stuck out to sea as well with Ivan on tis way and its projected path taking it stright to Florida again!

lmondrop

Looks like the latest update has Triumph departing at 10pm. Hope it doesnt change again.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/weather_update.aspx

Updated -CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - Seven-day western Caribbean cruise scheduled to depart Sat., Sept. 4 has been converted to a five-day western Caribbean cruise departing Mon., Sept. 6 with port calls at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This cruise will now depart at 10:00 PM. Guests who sail will receive a 30 percent refund of their cruise fare, a $100 per person shipboard credit, and a 50 percent discount off a future cruise of up to seven days in length valid for departures through Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

lmondrop

Looks like the latest update has Triumph departing at 10pm. Hope it doesnt change again.

Yes, unfortunately I'm well aware of this additional glitch.... :( In any case I plan on getting there at 11:00 and boarding as soon as I can.

Archived