Home Free (acappella group)

librarycin

I was on Celebrity Infinity in June to Alaska. My very first cruise ever - and I absolutely loved it!

Anyway, there was a fabulous acappella group called Home Free on the ship. I recently found their website, where they have a few videos of their ship performances that you can download, so I thought I'd post it here for anyone else who is interested. Brings back good memories for me...

http://thehomefreegroup.com

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you enjoyed Home Free...a friend of mine is in the group. I've known him for years, we were pretty close in High School. I've never been able to see them perform in person, as they're not usually performing in town, but I've heard a lot, from my friend and on videos he's posted and such :)

I know they were cruising from June to September of 07, so they're off the ship now, and will be for quite awhile anyway. I should ask him if he knows if they're planning on going back. I know it was a bit rough for them, having a ship as the only home they know for 4 months (not something they've done before), but I think they also saw it as a good opportunity to get their music out there a bit. They are indeed, quite talented. I believe they were missing one of the group when they were on the ship, he had some things he had to do here in cities.

Oihane, if you get a chance you should go see them - maybe they'll be performing in a city nearby?

There were only four of them when I saw them (and I noticed five of them on the website). Either way, they were terrific.

I bought one of their CDs before I got off the ship, and who knows? Maybe I'll buy another at some point...

A cruise ship would be a great way to get your music out to more people. It must be a tough life, though. I'd still be tempted to get a job on a cruise ship (even just to try it once), though, for the travelling, if it wasn't for my cats at home. Oops - got off topic there! :)

Yeah, I've been wanting to see them...but they're based about 2 hrs away from where I live. I should pay a visit though...I haven't seen my friend or his sister (we were pretty close with both of them) in awhile, it'd be good to see them.

Archived