Stateroom choice on Island Princess

Sarah A

A group of 6 of us are traveling on the Island Princess through the Panama Canal. This includes us and our 3 year old twins sharing a mini-suite, and our parents next door with a connecting balcony. Originally we were on the Dolphin Deck in a balcony mini-suite with our parents next door in a balcony double D502 and D504. This is mid-ship. Princess suddenly bumped us up to 2 minisuites C211 and 215. They are next door to each other but in the front of the deck. One set of rooms is port and the other is starboard.

I have read a lot about open versus covered balconies, but don't know if this applies to the Island Princess.

Any opinions if we should insist on reverting to our original staterooms?

Your original staterooms on Dolphin both had the larger balconies but they were only patially covered. The two new minis they gave you on Caribe also have the large balconies and they are fully covered. See this link for useful info http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html The new ones are further forward and farther from the elevators. Some say the port side is better for viewing while going thru the canal, we are booked for this same cruise in December on the starboard side and I don't see a problem. I bet your parents would most likely love the extra room and suite ammenities. Just my opinion, hope it works out for you guys!:)

Your original staterooms on Dolphin both had the larger balconies but they were only patially covered. The two new minis they gave you on Caribe also have the large balconies and they are fully covered. See this link for useful info http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html The new ones are further forward and farther from the elevators. Some say the port side is better for viewing while going thru the canal, we are booked for this same cruise in December on the starboard side and I don't see a problem. I bet your parents would most likely love the extra room and suite ammenities. Just my opinion, hope it works out for you guys!:)

Thank you so much. Your website is incredibly helpful. Princess or our travel agent should have such great information.

Archived