Delay of receiving cruise documents

factor30

As we are travelling on 23rd Nov from the UK (for sailing on 24th Quest) and not having received our tickets so far, I decided to phone our TA this morning. She told me there had been problems at Celebrity (Miami) with the ticket issuing machines, etc., which had caused a backlog of sending out documents. She is keeping on the case and hopes it won't be long before she receives them.

Has anyone else experienced a delay in the US or does it just affect us in the UK. This would apply only to any imminent sailing I suppose.

Rita

As we are travelling on 23rd Nov from the UK (for sailing on 24th Quest) and not having received our tickets so far, I decided to phone our TA this morning. She told me there had been problems at Celebrity (Miami) with the ticket issuing machines, etc., which had caused a backlog of sending out documents. She is keeping on the case and hopes it won't be long before she receives them.

Has anyone else experienced a delay in the US or does it just affect us in the UK. This would apply only to any imminent sailing I suppose.

Rita

Hi Rita - I am also on the 11/24 sailing & I received my documents over a week ago - so there does not seem to be a delay in the States.

To be honest there was nothing really that I must have in the package since I booked air independantly and did online check-in. They did not include any shore excursion info as it is online. The only thing I found valuable were the pre-printed luggage tags.

See you on the Quest soon - Carol

Received our docs on Halloween but Azamara sent them out to the travel agent in mid-October. The delay was on the TAs end. You should have your agent send you e-docs and have a porter at the pier fill out your luggage tags.

I received my docs. about ten days ago for the 11/24 cruise.

You should come over to our roll call and join the group. The link is in my signature.

We also received them on Halloween. We had switched rooms about a month ago and the old room is still on the luggage tags. I have the online docs to bring onboard with the corrected room.

Speaking of luggage...just curious...are most of you bringing enough clothes for 14 days or are you planning use their laundry service?

Janie

RE: Amount of Luggage

Hi Janie

This is always a sore point with my husband but I think he's given up now after so many years! The only time he didn't complain is when we cruised from Southampton in 2006 which meant we could drive to the port (2 hrs), leave our car, and board the ship. Wonderful. No airports, no hassle. Great!

Fortunately, we are allowed up to 2 cases each plus hand luggage, flying to the States, which means that I'll be doing the very minimum of laundry (just hand washing) unless anything unforeseen happened.

Speaking of luggage...just curious...are most of you bringing enough clothes for 14 days or are you planning use their laundry service?

Janie

I'm going to try to bring 7 to 10 days of clothing and send items to the laundry (not socks at $1/pair, though LOL). I'm assuming that even with only 694 passengers, no one will be keeping track if I wear the same sundress to dinner twice. :)

Karen

Karen,

I agree. I wasn't sure if it was less expensive to do laundry on board or pay the $25 fee each way with the airline if my suitcase was over 50 lbs because of I had 2 weeks worth of clothes.

The nice thing is no formal nights and I won't have to drag my gowns around too!

Janie

Rita

No we havent received our docs yet either,we are flying to Miami on the 11/16 for the 11/24 Quest cruise spending a week in Florida before the cruise. It takes me that long to get over the time changes!I am not worried if they dont arrive by then, I will just check in online and get the porter to fill out my luggage tags at the port.

I never received documents for my Oct 24 cruise. There was a "computer glitch."

The good news is that you really don't need them. The important thing is your boarding pass which you can print.

I personally don't want to pack/unpack/pack 14 days worth of clothing so you WILL see me in the same dinner outfit, probably many times over:D:D It's only for dinner is my thought process. I'd rather have room for souvenirs and day clothes which soil more often. I sure miss self-laundry service like HAL ships offer. It's nice to have it available on longer cruises. HAPPY SAILING!

Archived