did anyone just get back from port of NOLA?

swampland07

how were the seas? was it rough? how was the weather? was it chili or were you able to wear swim suits on the ship and shorts/tanks? i went on the holiday in june and we got sick 2x's just curious if the seas were rough and the weather cold. sailing on fantasy this weekend...yahhooo

I just got back on Saturday. The first night (Oct 29) and the first sea day were pretty rough.... Alot of people were sick. I however was not. The weather was pretty nice. The first sea day it rained so there were not a lot of people on lido deck...mostly everyone was inside. The rest of the trip was perfect. I wore a long sleeve shirt and blue jeans the day boarding the ship and I did get a little hot. But when we set sail it got windy so it was perfect. I would take some type of motion pills with you...just in case. Its better to be safe than sorry! I also would take a pill the first day on the boat... just in case it is rocky, then you will at least have it in your system and then you can take more if needed. Have a great trip!

I was on the same sailing (Oct 29th). I have never had motion sickness of any kind so I was surprised that I actually felt some motion sickness (nausea and headache). There were alot of people not looking well. My husband had to go to the ship's medical center b/c he had pink eye and about 15 people came in for medication while we were there. I had brought some ginger and that seemed to help. The seas were only rough that first night and much of the second day. After that, it was pretty calm. The ship is kept fairly cool but I wore shorts comfortably. It was warm and humid in Progreso and Cozumel. It did rain some in Cozumel and the snorkeling excursions were canceled b/c of high wind and expected thunderstorms. It did not get as bad as forecasted, though.

Archived