Ruins of Tehuacalco - Shore Excursion

snoozycruisee

I'm stumped. Looking through the shore excursion booklet for our upcoming PC Cruise, we came across "The Ruins of Tehuacalco". Doesn't seem to be much out on the web at all regarding this archeological site. This excursion is listed under the Acapulco, Mexico section.

Has anyone visited and/or can anyone provide a possible link for any additional information ? Before we book, we would like to have a bit better background and information on the site. Pictures would be awesome as well. Thanks : )

i think it is the same... im not 100% sure but when i googled the name you asked about it gave me the other one....

I hope im not giving the wrong info,, try to google it , and see if that happens too ;)

NO I WAS WRONG , its called The Ruins of Teacalco

man they all spell it different...

I would ask the ACA port authority person on here, he knows alot..

im sorry.. i have no idea what im talking about

I will edit this post in the afternoon after I upload my pics and look for the written info I have on this site.

IMO worth the excursion, plus, a ship arranged tour is the only way to visit Tehuacalco at this point. I was at the inagural and it was pretty impressive, we even got to do some digging with the supervisors.

Found a lot of information on Tehuacaclo problem is that it's in Spanish.

http://sepiensa.org.mx/contenidos/2007/f_tehuacalco/tehuacalco_1.html

Then go the next page to contiinue reading.

This is the literature they gave us when we went, I was lucky to find it online. If someone has the time to translate it and post it up I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

http://www.guerrero.gob.mx/pics/art/articles/943/file.th.pdf

• 2 years later...

A question was posted a while ago about Tehuacalco, Mexico. The poster could not find much on the web about it and asked for a link: GoNOMAD.com has an article about this trip/site written by Habeeb Salloum, who, I gather, is a travel and food writer who lives in Toronto.

We are scheduled to visit this archeological site as a shore trip from our HAL Panama Canal cruise coming up in March. There is a new museum recently opened there. I will let folks know how the shore trip went.

I sympathize with the original poster. I had to search a while on the net before I came up with anything. My problem was in guessing what culture built the ruins--and guessing wrong (not Aztec, not Mayan). Just typing the site name in Google got me the info.

Archived