Price Drop AFTER final Payment?

billylen

Thanks to this board I was able to spot a price drop on my upcoming cruise. I am making the final payment today or tomorrow and was wondering if the price should drop again after final payment can I still obtain a refund or credit?

Thanks in advance!

If you use a TA and have made final payment and get a price drop, my experience is that my TA credits it back to my credit card.

It shoudn't matter if you used a TA..the TA passes your credit card to the cruiseline. Since the cruiseline charges it, they will refund it. You will have to call your TA about the price drop, but it shouldn't effect how the refund is done.

thanks for the info. HOPE to have this happen someday. that's why I check prices at least once a day:D

We received a price credit just 4 days before sailing of about $300... since we book directly through RC it was credited back to our account...

Keep in mind that not all TAs will honor price drops... a good one should... a bad one probably won't...

so what is the arkansas queen and where are you going?

The Arkansas Queen is a small riverboat that does afternoon and dinner cruises up and down the Arkansas River here in Little Rock. We're doing a Thanksgiving dinner cruise, instead of somebody (moi!) having to do all the cooking. And since it's about the closest thing I'll ever get to cruising from my home port I thought I'd start a timer for it.:p

The Arkansas Queen is a small riverboat that does afternoon and dinner cruises up and down the Arkansas River here in Little Rock. We're doing a Thanksgiving dinner cruise, instead of somebody (moi!) having to do all the cooking. And since it's about the closest thing I'll ever get to cruising from my home port I thought I'd start a timer for it.:p

sounds like alot of fun, especially since there is no cooking and more importantly no CLEANING UP involved. enjoy.

Keep searching. My last cruise I got TWO price drops after final payment!

where do you search?

how do you know about price drops? I saw the same price we paid for our cabin BUT there was the word deal for our sailing and so I called (booked direct with RCCL) and they said yes there was a drop..$30 a person and they honored it ..but if I hadn't called how would I know? Please let me know where and how to check..Thanks

You do exactly what you did. Act like you are making a new booking for your sailing. Enter everything the same as your booking and then on the next page, scroll down to your category and see if there are any price drops. Also look at other categories. Sometimes there will only be a price drop for one or two categories and you can get a better deal by switching to one of those categories than staying in your current category. If you notice a price drop, then call and ask you for it. The worst they can say is no, you don't qualify for it.:) For example on our Jewel cruise, the first price drop was for a higher category. We called and got moved to that category (better room) AND got money back. Then a few weeks later there was another price drop on the new category.

Archived