Will we enjoy HAL

ksat

we've done both having just returned from our first hal cruise - had a great time and preferred the onboard activities to carnival. mixology classes, wine tastings, cooking classes and demonstrations, etc. we prefer those to the belly flop and hairy legs contests on ccl. yes, there were times when the violin music and piano playing was not our thing on hal but we had a really great time and for the first time i didn't get a single chapter of a book read on a cruise. we never gain weight on carnival and did gain a few pounds on hal. i would suggest trying it - its fun to see the differences but at the end of the day how horrible can any cruise really be? we've been happy with the service on most of our cruises. ages of passengers vary depending on the time of year, length of cruise, price of cruise, and a host of other things.

wayne and brian

My DH and I are in our early 50's. We have taken 5 cruises with CCL. I have been exploring HAL and really like some of the destinations offered. I would appreciate any and all views regarding the differences. I will say that we just returned from our most recent cruise and there were several areas that fell below our expectations from the previous cruises. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Kathy,

Destination is subjective. I'm bored silly with the W. Carib--Cozumel, St. Thomas and all that, but just returned from the S. Carib and found the islands beautiful--great for water activities, a hike, views and more views of a gorgeous sea. For me, an old lady, once is enough, although shipboard life is the way to go! Belize offers a bit of primitive exploration and extensive jungle life...Roatan is off the beaten track a bit, tiny, but with interesting settlements. Cozumel offers shops and more shops.

I'm writing a piece on my experience on the Maasdam...posted soon.

MMC

Of course the food factor is important to you, if that is the business your husband is in. I work for a company that maintains traffic signals, so when we were in Gambia, I was thrilled when we went through the only intersection in the country that had traffic signals. Everyone else on the tour bus couldn't understand what I was so excited about!

That's too funny! I work for our provincial power company and a lot of my photos from our cruise show the different styles of power lines! :D

Archived