Good luck with gaurantee rooms w/ RCI - anyone else?

jltnova

My DH and I are taking our 3rd cruise in 2 years on RCI in January. The first time we had OV on the EOS in March 06, the secondtime we booked a last minute Inside Guarantee on the AOS in Feb 07 and they assigned as a handicap accessible OV - HUGE (this was last minute, we did not request it and I would have happily given it up if someon needed it).

Now we are traveling with my parents in January on the same AOS cruse we did this past year. My parents booked a D1 8358 - they wanted balcony close to the back and there was limited available at the time. Price wasn't bad but we figure we can get credit if it goes down. My DH and I booked a D3 on Deck 6 cause they were offereing a good deal at the time. I then caught a balcony gaurantee for $899 and had them change it - got the credit. We didnt' care where we were on the ship but my parents didnt' change theirs. We got assigned our room already - 8352 - a D2 and litterally 3 doors down from my parents. Do you think they did this on purpose since are reservations are linked?

I just can't believe our crazy luck, had to share and see if anyone else has had luck like that.

Can't wait for January 13th!

-Jen

My DH and I are taking our 3rd cruise in 2 years on RCI in January. The first time we had OV on the EOS in March 06, the secondtime we booked a last minute Inside Guarantee on the AOS in Feb 07 and they assigned as a handicap accessible OV - HUGE (this was last minute, we did not request it and I would have happily given it up if someon needed it).

Now we are traveling with my parents in January on the same AOS cruse we did this past year. My parents booked a D1 8358 - they wanted balcony close to the back and there was limited available at the time. Price wasn't bad but we figure we can get credit if it goes down. My DH and I booked a D3 on Deck 6 cause they were offereing a good deal at the time. I then caught a balcony gaurantee for $899 and had them change it - got the credit. We didnt' care where we were on the ship but my parents didnt' change theirs. We got assigned our room already - 8352 - a D2 and litterally 3 doors down from my parents. Do you think they did this on purpose since are reservations are linked?

I just can't believe our crazy luck, had to share and see if anyone else has had luck like that.

Can't wait for January 13th!

-Jen

I think it was just that crazy luck, go buy a lottery ticket!!!:p

JLTNOVA,

We booked an OV guarantee about a month or so ago for 12/2 AOS sailing. Just found out we've been assigned to an "accessible" room. You mentioned that yours was huge when you got it. Really? Is it that much bigger than "regular" rooms? I'm really curious what accessible actually means -- how is it different from the other cabins, etc?

Thanks!

JLTNOVA,

We booked an OV guarantee about a month or so ago for 12/2 AOS sailing. Just found out we've been assigned to an "accessible" room. You mentioned that yours was huge when you got it. Really? Is it that much bigger than "regular" rooms? I'm really curious what accessible actually means -- how is it different from the other cabins, etc?

Thanks!

The biggest "problem" with the room is the bathroom has no lip on the floor around the shower so a wheel chair can roll in, so the floor floods. Our friends had one so we heard from them.

I lucked out on the AOS. I had the lowest level inside guarantee. I initially was assigned an OV and a few weeks prior to sailing was reassigned to a Deluxe Balcony room! Turned out to be a great bargain.

One advantage of AOS needing to sell discounted fares to the locals to fill the ship is people with inside guarantees I think stand a decent shot of upgrades (as they most likely put the locals in inside cabins).

I had no complaints with the accessible room. The shower didn't cause too much flooding in the bathroom - when I showered it seemed fine but my husband is much larger and I htink the water in general got more around.

The room was bigger and the bathroom was huge in comparison to the others. Doors were wider, clothes hung lower in closet, etc.

I just had some more crazy luck - they were running a senior special and I got my parents $350 off each! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today.

I had no complaints with the accessible room. The shower didn't cause too much flooding in the bathroom - when I showered it seemed fine but my husband is much larger and I htink the water in general got more around.

The room was bigger and the bathroom was huge in comparison to the others. Doors were wider, clothes hung lower in closet, etc.

I just had some more crazy luck - they were running a senior special and I got my parents $350 off each! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today.

Woo hoo, !!

Archived