Patter Says Pools Close at Midnight - Is That New?

ManhattanCruiser

I'm really not much of a night owl... but the fact that Princess had heated, freshwater pools that were open 24 hours somehow impressed me. Just the idea that if I ever DID wake up at three in the morning and want to take a dip in the pool -- I actually could.

So, on a recent patter from the Crown, found here...

http://www.triskele.com/wp-content/files/cruise-2007/PatterCrown20070828.pdf

...it says "Pool hours are from 6AM- 12 midnight". Is this new... or has there always been a closing time for Princess pools? Or is it just the Crown's policy?

I'm really not much of a night owl... but the fact that Princess had heated, freshwater pools that were open 24 hours somehow impressed me. Just the idea that if I ever DID wake up at three in the morning and want to take a dip in the pool -- I actually could.

So, on a recent patter from the Crown, found here...

http://www.triskele.com/wp-content/files/cruise-2007/PatterCrown20070828.pdf

...it says "Pool hours are from 6AM- 12 midnight". Is this new... or has there always been a closing time for Princess pools? Or is it just the Crown's policy?

We have found this on the larger Grand Class and modified Grand Class ships. In fact, I swear I remember sailing the Grand Princess within the first few months of her debut and finding the pools actually closed at midnight, and this was many years ago. The reason I remember is because we were used to them being open 24/7.

So, I would not consider it new, but as said, depends on the ship you choose to sail on.

we just returned from the CB a few weeks ago and the pools closed at midnight(the pool by the MUTS closes at 5:30pm)...hottubs usually closed around 11pm...we actually saw the pool attendants make people leave who were in the hottubs around 11pm or so...they were watching the MUTS screen...

when we sailed on the Dawn Princess a few years ago, they were open 24/7

BTW, only saw 1 person in the pool late at night....but it is nice to have that option....

Marsha

Archived