What About Automatic Tipping?

sail7seas

We tip because we feel they are deserved, not because we are told to. We left on the auto tipping but we also tipped through out the cruise, we budgeted it as part of our cruise. Some did not get a tip, because they did not deserve it, while others received many well deserved tips. As someone who worked as a waitress, I believe if I wanted a tip, then I better earn it. I also served many people who could not afford an extra tip, and my service to them was no different. In this business, there really are much more people wanting to tip, than those not wanting to or being able too.

Also I say don’t judge others too harshly who don’t always tip, I only say this because of the post that said if they couldn’t afford the tips then they shouldn’t cruise,

I had a mother at my restaurant, which brought her three daughters in for a treat because they were doing really well in school, she ordered 2 dinners to be split 4 ways, which was all she could afford. I served her no less than a tipping customer, and feel she had just as much right being there as anyone else. Yes most of us depend a great deal on our tips but we are not heartless to the elements. So to those who don’t have enough for tips, my best advice to you is highly commenting their services to their bosses or on your evaluation forms. This is a nice tip that’s free to you :) but helps the servers in the long run :)

This reply is in not meant to offend anyone, so please forgive me if it does. I just thought a view from the other side was needed.

great sentiments Ziggy !!!!!!!!!

S7S, slight deviation from the topic, but you mentioned on one of these threads (forget which one - it must be "some"zheimers disease) that you live 30 minutes from the port. If you meant the port of Fort Lauderdale, I hope you and yours remained safe during Frances.

Jake....Thank you so very much for such a nice message. Thankfully, here in Boston we have been avoiding Hurricanes...so far. But, we know anyone of them can travel up the coast to us. Fingers crossed.

Archived