Punta Sur Eco Park & Snorkel Safari

kathyr

Hi,

Just got back from a W.Carribean- and did this tour thru RCL while in Cozumel.- My DH & I were VERY pleased with this tour. We did get to see iguanas, cranes, crocodiles, and the snorkeling was great!- Our guides were nice,Miguel and Nigel and they didnt rush this tour.. We swam out aways to get to the good snorkeling spot, but it was worth it. This excursion was about 25 minutes from port .. It was a pretty part of the island. When you got to the beach if for some reason you decided you didnt want/ or couldnt snorkel, you had beach time, no hassel! -

Our excursion started around 12 pm and they dropped us off @ 5pm @ the port, also they were willing to drop people in town, just let them know they needed to find a way back to port.

On our way back to the port, Miguel was telling us that they would like us to rate us, so let either the ship know, or let cruise critic know.:)

I know that it will get to the cruisers sooner this way than the cruise line- !!

"Climb onboard the open-air passenger truck and explore the tropical environment of Punta Sur Ecological Park where you’ll spot iguanas, white cranes, flamingos and crocodiles and learn more about the Mayan ruins and culture. Next, stop at the Punta Sur Lighthouse where you can climb the lighthouse or visit the Nautical Museum. Finally, enjoy an off-shore snorkel experience and relax on the beach. Medical restrictions apply."

Kathy

"Climb onboard the open-air passenger truck and explore the tropical environment of Punta Sur Ecological Park where you’ll spot iguanas, white cranes, flamingos and crocodiles and learn more about the Mayan ruins and culture. Next, stop at the Punta Sur Lighthouse where you can climb the lighthouse or visit the Nautical Museum. Finally, enjoy an off-shore snorkel experience and relax on the beach. Medical restrictions apply."Kathy

We have never been on a ship sponsored excursion to Punta Sur but it is a great way to spend a day on Cozumel. A family of 4 can rent a car and spend the day at the Parque Punta Sur, drive the east side of the island and have a coke on the beach for about $100.00. Pretty cheap but great day.

• 4 months later...

I hope that someone checks this thread again now that it has moved up on the board with my inquiry. I am curious about the Mayan ruin that you see "across the road" along with the background on Mayan culture. Was it worth it? I ask because most of the tours to sites aren't handicapped accessible, and one of my the people in my family can't walk very much. This sounds like an easy way to see some wildlife, ruins, and get some snorkeling in too. Was the walk the beach pretty level?

Archived