questions re: gym on Crown

rachel0

Hoping someone fresh off the Crown could provide answers for the following:

--hours for the gym?

--classes offered (and times if you remember)?

--any suggestions re: busyness/best times to go?

Trying to plan damage control (I've read all about the cookies, etc, in the international cafe and the coffee card I will no doubt use up)! Thanks so much!

Rachel

--hours for the gym?

Trying to plan damage control (I've read all about the cookies, etc, in the international cafe and the coffee card I will no doubt use up)! Thanks so much!

Rachel

if you do a search on here you will find a few posts about classes :) I've been on the crown twice and havent used the gym yet.

--hours for the gym?

Rachel

I just got off of the Crown last Sat. I believe the hours are around 7a-10p. (but I am not totally sure) Some classes have a $10 charge, some do not. At 7:30 each am there is a stretch and relax class, followed by a couple of other classes, one of which is a circuit class. I will share my experience with the circuit class and the instructor. The instructor is a nice (?)young man who is very physically fit. On about Thursday of the cruise, my friend and I went to the stretching class, and wanted to stay for what is called 'circuit'. I work out regularily as does my friend. I do admit we are not as young as we used to be, but work out in some capacity at home around 6 days per week (actually, I am in my mid fifties) Anyway, we felt as though he did not really want to have this class and we asked if it were just the 2 of us, would he still have it? He said, "well, Ok. But this is going to be intense!" I kept trying to ask what he meant by intense and he said, never mind, you wanted the class!! So he tells us to get 4 risers for our step (4 on each side), then he tells us to get weights, then has us do squats for 100 reps (holding the weights), then stay in squat position 100 more reps, then knee bends with our one foot up on the riser (100 reps), next knee, then push ups (you guessed it...100 reps) then tricep dips from the top of those 4 risers!!! Sit ups...on and on. Well, when I couldn't finish my 100 tricep dips, he starts saying things like, "why are you so weak? What is the matter with you?" He starts asking me what I eat, etc. Then he tells me that it doesn't matter that I eat right and work out!!! He say that he can tell by looking at me that I have major problems with my lyphatic system!!!! And that he can see that I am in for many chronic diseases!!!!

Needless to say, we were quite sore from this nonsense! Actually, if you use the promanade deck as a track, it has steps and you get a pretty good aerobic workout.

Janet

Archived