I need opinions !! What's your favorite thing to do in St. Kitts

cruznsugs

Last year my DH and I did the St Kitts Scenic Railway and it was wonderful. Not only do you get to see sights around the whole island but you get treated to a historical narrative and performances by local talent. If you go in the morning it still leaves time for other shopping and beach visits.

We've only been there once, but we took a cab to South Friar's Beach with some other folks. The taxi driver was so nice. He stopped along the way for some photo ops. The scenery is beautiful. The desktop on one of my computers has a picture that I took there. We had a good time at the beach. There were chairs and umbrellas to rent....food everywhere....good, too. And I think we bargained with somebody for some $1.00 beers. The taxi driver came back for us at a specified time. A good time was had by all!

Doing 12 nighter and one of the ports that I can't decide what to do at is St. Kitts. I need your help...I don't snorkel so you can count that out. But love the beach and love to do excursions.

Thanks so much!!! Laura

HI,

Just came back from St Kitts. We hired Ilva Wallace (do a search here for her info) and she gave us a fantastic tour of the ENTIRE island with main points of interest: Blacks Rocks, Romney Manor, The Fortress and gave us plenty of time in each location. At the end she can take you to the beach or back to your ship. It was just DH and I, and we loved it!!!

Just got back from the Crown Princess last week and had a great time on a horseback ride through Trinity Stables. Booked on our own through the Internet, $55/pp, they picked us up at the pier and took us back when done. Took us up into a rainforest, total time of ride about 2 1/2 hours. The horses would randomly break into a gallop and the 5 of us would sort of "race" each other. Definitely a more natural ride and sooo much fun. Wish my allergies hadn't bugged me, but absolutely one of the most fun excursions I've ever done on 6 cruises.

Take a tour of the island and visit Brimstone Hill Fortress, Romney Manor, Ottley's Plantation. Afterwards have your taxi driver take you down the southeast peninsula for excellent photo ops and stop at the new Reggae Beach Bar on beautiful Cockleshell Beach for a cold Carib and delicious lunch. You might even see Wilbur the 600 pound pig! :)

LOVE THAT PIG! He'd make a great busboy! Much better than my kids.

• 1 month later...
HI,

Just came back from St Kitts. We hired Ilva Wallace (do a search here for her info) and she gave us a fantastic tour of the ENTIRE island with main points of interest: Blacks Rocks, Romney Manor, The Fortress and gave us plenty of time in each location. At the end she can take you to the beach or back to your ship. It was just DH and I, and we loved it!!!

Thanks for the good information. How much did Ilva Wallace charge for you and your husband? How long was your tour? Do you have an email address for her? We'll be in St. Kitts December 30--have never been there. Appreciate any help.:)

GG

Archived