Karaoke on the Star

CanadianTwosome

Has anyone participated in karaoke on the Star? I'm wondering what their song list is like. Last December, I almost brought my own discs along on the Dream and decided not to... then wished I had. They had some good songs, but their list was far from extensive.

Also, I understand there is some kind of 'Crazy Karaoke' thing? I call it a 'thing' because I have no idea what it is... is it a contest? A game? Anyone who knows, I'd love to hear about it!

Karaoke on the Star is not as bad as on the Dream - older songs though (Pioneer, som CDG), so bring your own CD's - I didn't see anyone using their own CD's but could see the staff loading theirs, so I do nto see why they wouldnlt take yours. CRAZY KARAOKE is not really a contest, just a lable for Karaoke night. TWISTED KARAOKE is a contest - if you enter, you have to sing 1-2 songs, and then the judges choose 1-2 songs for you and you have to sing it (whether or not you know the song!) - THEY TRY TO USE YOUR 1ST SONG SELECTION to figure out your comfort zone and then they deliberately pick songs they think will be a challenge and entertain the audience. Fun, but I prefer Crazy Karaoke where you just sing for fun...

karaoke was a "standing room only" event on our last cruise. it was on the star and one of the people from our roll call was the star. they didn't have any contests between the singers, but on this cruise..we had some good entertainers.

Thanks very much for the info!! Twisted karaoke sounds like fun... of course, my musical taste is pretty eclectic, so I say that with hopes that I wouldn't be 'too' surprised by the song choice! ha ha ha

Toyz, I'm glad to hear karaoke was popular - it gets a bad rap a lot of the time. When you say 'standing room only', were there more participants or watchers? Did you notice how often your roll call star got to sing on any given night?

Thanks!

one night everyone got to do 2 songs, the crowd were watchers. all the booths/tables were full early. people passing by, stopped and stayed.

the playbook looked big to me, but i was told that it was the "usual"..what ever that means. our guy has a band and does a lot of performing, he was very popular with the crowd (and won the talent show). there were a couple of ladies that had great voices...

Well, two songs is better than one song! ha ha ha I'm sure it will depend on the crowd, too. On the Dream, it was usually about half full, with mostly watchers. Those of us that sang had quite a few turns. We had some great singers as well, and a couple of us did the show as well. It was fun - you get to be a bit of a celebrity after with other passengers recognizing you!

Thanks again for the info!

Archived