Santa Barbara Beach and Curacao Underwater Marine Park

marys350

Hi,

Has anybody gone to Santa Barbara Beach and the Curacao Underwater Marine Park recently? I had been thinking of going to Kontiki Beach, but my husband is interested in going to Santa Barbara Beach to snorkel instead. What facilities and amenities are available (umbrellas, chairs, restrooms, refreshments, etc.)? Any information regarding which beach is better, cost of taxis, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

Hi,

Has anybody gone to Santa Barbara Beach and the Curacao Underwater Marine Park recently? I had been thinking of going to Kontiki Beach, but my husband is interested in going to Santa Barbara Beach to snorkel instead. What facilities and amenities are available (umbrellas, chairs, restrooms, refreshments, etc.)? Any information regarding which beach is better, cost of taxis, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

You should check to see if the Santa Barbara Beach is open yet... it wasn't open the last time I was there. It had been closed for hotel construction.

marys350 (or anyone else who knows): Please tell me about Kontiki Beach. I have your same question: What facilities and amenities are available (lockers, umbrellas, chairs, restrooms, refreshments, etc.)? What do they charge for these amenities? Do they have any watersports there? Is it very crowded? We will be there on Wednesday, January 23. We usually try to get to the beach before noon and stay for abouot 2 hours. Is there a better beach to visit?

Hi,

Kontiki Beach is right near Seaquarium Beach and Mambo Beach. I have never been to any of them, however, I've done "google" searches and found pictures and information about Kontiki Beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and there is a restaurant there. Try checking out the following website and also doing a search for "Kontiki Beach" on cruisecritic. I believe that there are a number of threads with more information.

http://www.kontikibeachclub.net

Good luck in your search.

Mary

Archived