Help Me Pack!!

Ronrocks!

Dry cleaning bags... the actual bags your clothes are in when you pick them up at the cleaners... About a week before we cruise, I send stuff to the cleaners and when I pick it up, I just leave it that way to pack...

If you use the ships services, you will get it back in plenty of time...

I usually do not have enough plastic dry cleaning bags for my needs so I buy clear bags from the shopping center. They are supposed tobe for recyclables here in New York, but I set aside boxes for travel and they are clean when they are needed.:)

Good tips already. The one I HIGHLY recommend is to keep your husband out of the packing process! :D He can thank me later....:D

DW does the packing here...I just hand her stuff and somehow she manages to squeeze it all in under 4 bags (7 nighters).

Happy Packing & Cruising!

Before my wife and I were married, I helped her pack for a trip overseas -- actually, I did most of the packing. She sent me a postcard from hewr first stop and indicated "...Whenever I see my suitcase, I remember who did the packing...".:D

The carryon can hold a lot of personal items - makeup, shampoo etc.

Don't forget, you can't take more than a couple ounces of liquid in your carryon, including shampoo, conditioner, etc.

I really liked the idea of cross packing, I JUST finished packing for our trip (6 days to go!) and now I am going to unpack everything and put some of DH's clothes in my bag and some of my things in DH's bag. Great idea! Also, I have never done this before, but I am going to pack some back-up clothes in my carryon. I have never had my luggage lost, but last cruise, my friend had her luggage lost and didn't get it until day 3 of the cruise!:eek:

Archived