Shuttle company that serves Best Western Bayside Inn

MommaOML

They do have a shuttle, but I need to know the company that runs it so I can contact them directly and ask a specific question. I asked the question to the hotel, and they didn't know the answer. At the time, I didn't think to ask the hotel who the shuttle company was. I thought someone here might know which company it was. I'm trying to avoid too many long-distance calls, as the hotel doesn't seem to have an 800 number either!

The Best Western Bayside Inn has it's own shuttles, a mini-van and a larger passenger van (8 person I think). The shuttle driver that could answer your question is named Daniel.

What is your question ? Maybe I can answer it, I've stayed there 3 times now and am booked again in April for the "Stay, Cruise & Park" package. Am pretty familiar with what they can/will and can't/won't do.

The Best Western Bayside Inn has it's own shuttles, a mini-van and a larger passenger van (8 person I think). The shuttle driver that could answer your question is named Daniel.

What is your question ? Maybe I can answer it, I've stayed there 3 times now and am booked again in April for the "Stay, Cruise & Park" package. Am pretty familiar with what they can/will and can't/won't do.

LornaT, you're my new Cruise Critic crush! :D

My question: will my 18 month old need to be in his car seat to be on the shuttle?

It seems pointless to schlep his car seat all the way down from Canada if we're going to end up on a shuttle that doesn't have seat belts.

I did that (brought the car seat) when we cruised out of Tampa, and it was a massive PITA! The shuttle we were on was a mini-bus, and had no seat belts. So, not only did I pay $20 ($10 each way) to have my kid occupy a seat, he wasn't even strapped in! However, if my son is going to be denied boarding the shuttle in SD because he doesn't have a car seat, then of course I will bring it. Safer for him to be in it, blah blah blah.

TIA!

Friends of ours (she's my Carnival CVS) sailed with us this last October on the Spirit along with their 2-1/2 year old and they didn't bring his car seat (they didn't want to schlep it from Colorado if they didn't need it), and had no trouble taking the shuttle to the pier without it. The pier is only about a 4 block (10 minute ride or less depending on the signals and the trains) from the hotel to the pier.

In fact I just called to confirm and they said, as long as you are belted in and one of you hold your child it will be okay. My friends had also called the local cab companies and were told that they don't need one for the taxi's either.

Hope this helps! Have a great stay in San Diego and a great cruise!

By the way I love the BW Bayside Inn, the package stay includes a free continential breakfast that includes like 3 or 4 dry cereals, scrambled eggs, pastries, toast, muffins, bagels (I think) orange juice, coffee and tea.

The shuttle will also pick you up at the airport, just go to the pick-up area once you have your bags and give them a call, you can also arrange for them to maybe pick you up from the pier on your return and take you to the airport to fly home if leaving the day of debarkation.

If Daniel is your driver that day, tell him Lorna from Northridge (most folks draw a blank with the Van Nuys city, since the big Northridge Earthquake, everyone know where it is) say HI and I'll see him again in April if not sooner.

Thanks Lorna! I have sent emails to a few cab companies, but keep getting a canned response regarding what the state legislation is. That's the trouble with putting stuff in writing, I guess.

I will take this information to my husband and try to convince him to leave the car seat at home. He's the one who thinks we should bring it. I guess he likes being a pack mule.

Archived