Adult Passports < 2wks, Child Passport ???

nasvhillecruise

I am SO excited. We applied for our passports on November 9 & received them on November 21, which is less than 2 weeks. & we didn't even pay for expedited service since our cruise isn't until March.

My question is: We also applied for my 5 y.o. son's passport & it didn't get mailed with ours. Do those typically take longer? I'm not overly worried yet, just curious.

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the advice.

You sure can:

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Then click ont the on-line application status check tab on the left hand side of the page.

Actually, here is the link:

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html

I am SO excited. We applied for our passports on November 9 & received them on November 21, which is less than 2 weeks. & we didn't even pay for expedited service since our cruise isn't until March.

My question is: We also applied for my 5 y.o. son's passport & it didn't get mailed with ours. Do those typically take longer? I'm not overly worried yet, just curious.

that's fast! we applied for our passports on Saturday - and going by what everyone has been telling me - decided to skip the expedite fee. We are hoping to get them before Jan. 5th so maybe there is hope yet : )

I'm not sure about your son's passport, this is a first time for us and I'm pretty much clueless. That's good you can check online though.

I wouldn't worry about it. Same thing happened to us but in reverse - my 8 year old sons came in 2 weeks and me and my husbands took about 10 days longer. I was beginning to wonder, but they showed up. It's definitely too soon to worry. This was just about a month ago. We also didn't pay for expedited service so I was actually surprised how quickly they showed up :)

Archived