New Ventura Photos!

Captain Rhone

Thanks for the link Captain Rhone :D it's nice to finally see something of the almost finished ship under her own power, I believe she starts her sea trials on the last weekend in november.

Madkitty "She looks teeny" :confused:

Yarco

Madkitty,

I see your point having viewed your photos, particullary the one taken where she is alongside & she's certainly a 'BIG UN' :eek: . Interestingly enough a lady whom i work with was on that very same cruise & did back to back cruises to take in the full itinery.

Regards

Yarco

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link, Captain.

Given that Ventura appears to be mobile under her own power, does anyone know what remains to be done before she's ready?

Found this.

Regards

Cb

Ventura, has successfully completed its official sea trials.

The two weeks of trials included testing of the £300 million ship's navigation system and propulsion motors.

Completion of the sea trials signify that 3,100-passnger Ventura is close to completion, and will soon be sailing for the UK from its Italian shipyard prior to its launch in Southampton in April.

P&O Cruises' managing director, Nigel Esdale said: "We are delighted that Ventura passed her sea trials with flying colours.

"The next few months will be a busy time at the shipyard, as the innovative concepts and designs for Ventura come to life in the final stages of her development.

She's very ugly, isn't she?

Although I'm sure that the OP has done some photoshopping, by putting a P & O funnel on a Princess ship.

Matthew

......and not even a proper P&O funnel.

David

She's very ugly, isn't she?

Although I'm sure that the OP has done some photoshopping, by putting a P & O funnel on a Princess ship.

Matthew

As far as modern cruise ships goes, i think she is a rather a good looking vessel (although of a similar design to a few others) she's much better looking than a lot of the square block of flats with bits attached that pass for ships these days.

Yarco

As far as modern cruise ships goes, i think she is a rather a good looking vessel (although of a similar design to a few others) she's much better looking than a lot of the square block of flats with bits attached that pass for ships these days.

Yarco

A few others? She is of the same basic design of all of the Grand class princess ships, which in all consits of 9 ships. I think that she is a gorgeous vessel, but she belongs in the princess fleet, not the P&O.

Archived