How many Toursavers needed?

lucyddr

If I'm travelling with a group of 16-18 people, do I need to buy 8-9 Toursaver/NL books or are coupons useable for the group? (ie price of 9 for 18)? Just wondering and couldn't find the answer to the question on the toursaver website...

If I'm travelling with a group of 16-18 people, do I need to buy 8-9 Toursaver/NL books or are coupons useable for the group? (ie price of 9 for 18)? Just wondering and couldn't find the answer to the question on the toursaver website...

I don't get a Tour Saver but I know on the Northern Lights coupon it's only buy one get one free. So if you have 18 people, you would need 9 coupons (some of the tours do have 2 in the book, but not many of them)and that being said some of them have date restrictions and also some of them state "space availability based at time of reservation".

So basically what that is saying is that they may limit the amount of coupons they would accept for a certain sailing. No where in the book does it say how many each will accept though.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Toursaver also generally allows a buy one, get one free for two people. Before purchasing 8-9 books though, ask the vendors if there is space using coupons for that many people. Many limit the number of coupons per trip. If you are spending a couple of days in places, perhaps some could go on the tour one day, some the next. Or for flightseeing in Talkeetna, perhaps some could go with one company and one with another in order to maximize the chances of using the most coupons.

John

Toursaver also generally allows a buy one, get one free for two people. Before purchasing 8-9 books though, ask the vendors if there is space using coupons for that many people. Many limit the number of coupons per trip. If you are spending a couple of days in places, perhaps some could go on the tour one day, some the next. Or for flightseeing in Talkeetna, perhaps some could go with one company and one with another in order to maximize the chances of using the most coupons.

John

Agree! For example, there are two vendors providing Kenai Fjords cruise tour. Both of them have coupons on the toursaver book. You can want to divide your group: some go with Kenai Fjords, whiles other go with Renown tours. Also check the restriction on the time of tour as well.

Archived