Where's the profit?

mufi

Just got an offer of a 14 night cruise to the Canaries on Boudicca on 7 December that works out at £35 a night. If you think that you get a cabin, multiple meals, entertainment and all the other facilities, you do wonder where the profit is for Fred Olson. I doubt you could live at home for that.

David.

Just got an offer of a 14 night cruise to the Canaries on Boudicca on 7 December that works out at £35 a night. If you think that you get a cabin, multiple meals, entertainment and all the other facilities, you do wonder where the profit is for Fred Olson. I doubt you could live at home for that.

David.

hi david,

they just cancelled my mini cruise on black watch and have offered me the same cruise as compensation for £371pp.

glenn.

I was due to sail on Black Watch's mini cruise too. I just had a letter to say cancelled and 25% off another mini cruise. How did you get such an offer?

my travel agent gave me a big discount and they took 25% off that.

glenn.

So are you going on the 7th instead? I am very sad the mini cruise was cancelled. Do you have any idea why it was "really" cancelled? Because of my holiday dates there is no alternative for me.

i can't be ready in time so we're not going anywhere now.

i suspect the real reason is the cleaning of the water tanks after the legionaires problems a few months back but i guess we will never really know.

glenn.

• 2 weeks later...
So are you going on the 7th instead? I am very sad the mini cruise was cancelled. Do you have any idea why it was "really" cancelled? Because of my holiday dates there is no alternative for me.

I was informed that the cancellation was so that maintenance could be carried out without disrupting the Christmas and world cruises.

I was seriously considering booking at the last minute.

Archived