Ivan - Sensation 9/9

wbhouse

My friend and I are scheduled to leave Tampa on the Sensation on Thursday, September 9th. We are supposed to be in Cozumel on Saturday, but we are watching the Ivan graphics and now it looks like it could be rainy Sat, Sun and Monday. Does anyone know or have a guess when Carnival would decide if they will reroute to a cruise to nowhere or another destination to keep us out of the storm? Thanks.

If it's just rain, you'll go where you're scheduled. If, on the other hand, Ivan attacks Cozumel, Carnival will re-route your cruise and you'll go someplace else. In '98, when Hurricane Mitch was visiting Cozumel, we were sent to Nassau, Bahamas instead. We were disappointed to miss Cozumel, but we did enjoy our time onboard and in Nassau.

Ivan is not scheduled to arrive near Florida until late Saturday night. I would think Carnival will sail out of Tampa as planned on Thursday. Now, getting back on Monday may be a problem. But if you are like me, you won't worry about being out to sea another day or two! ;)

No matter where you end up, just have fun!

Boatgirl

Archived